In a sudden development, US President Donald Trump has asked Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to call off his Monday trip to Pyongyang, North Korea “at this time”, citing insufficient progress on denuclearisation.
In the last minute change of heart just three days before the proposed trip, US President wrote a tweet post on Friday saying “I have asked Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to not go to North Korea, at this time, because I feel we are not making sufficient progress with respect to the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula.”
His three tweets, described the reason and the condition when Pompeo may undertake the Pyongyang visit:
He said that China was responsible for the slow progress in the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. He laid unspecified blame on China, tweeting "I do not believe" China is helping with the process of denuclearisation "because of our much tougher Trading stance."
I have asked Secretary of State Mike Pompeo not to go to North Korea, at this time, because I feel we are not making sufficient progress with respect to the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula...— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 24, 2018
Read More: http://www.apnlive.com/world-news/north-korea-will-not-beg-the-us-for-dialogue-43906 Trump said Pompeo "looks forward" to going to North Korea after the US "trading relationship with China is resolved". He said:
...Additionally, because of our much tougher Trading stance with China, I do not believe they are helping with the process of denuclearization as they once were (despite the UN Sanctions which are in place)...— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 24, 2018
...Secretary Pompeo looks forward to going to North Korea in the near future, most likely after our Trading relationship with China is resolved. In the meantime I would like to send my warmest regards and respect to Chairman Kim. I look forward to seeing him soon!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 24, 2018
According to media reports the US Department of State did never confirm about the Pompeo’s North Korea trip. However, the US media, citing diplomatic sources, said the secretary of state was expected to be in Pyongyang for several hours on Monday.
Read More: North Korea calls US “gangster-like” attitude
Trump’s tweets came after IAEA outlined “grave concern” about the North’s nuclear programme in its report.
Recently President Trump had been pretty upbeat about negotiations with North Korea, telling Reuters news agency that Pyongyang had taken steps towards denuclearlisation, missile testing had stopped and he was looking forward to another summit with North Korea.
Read More: Trump change stance: say North Korea a threat to US security
On Thursday, Pompeo appointed Stephen Biegun, a senior executive with the Ford Motor Co, to be his special envoy for North Korea and said he and Biegun would visit next week.
The post Trump Asks His Top Diplomat Not To Visit North Korea Now appeared first on APN Live.
This post first appeared on Latest World News, Breaking News In India, Business, Sports, Entertainment, please read the originial post: here