Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

Shocking death! Man sucked into MRI machine at Mumbai hospital

Maharashtra CM announces compensation of Rs 5 lakh

In a rather unfortunate incident in Mumbai, a 32-year-old man died after being sucked into a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) machine in the city’s Nair Hospital on Saturday.

Police has registered an FIR against Doctor Siddhant Shah, ward boy Vitthal Chavan and ward attendant Sunita Surve under Section 304 A (causing death by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code.

On Sunday, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis  has announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakh to the family of the victim – even as the deceased’s family member, locals and BJP MLA MP Lodha staged a protest inside the hospital dean’s cabin, demanding immediate action against the accused.

According to Harish Solanki – the brother-in-law of the victim, Rajesh Maru – the deceased went to visit Solanki’s mother, who was admitted in the hospital.

“He went there to visit my ailing mother but we did not know he would meet such a fate. We all are in shock. A ward boy told him to carry an Oxygen Cylinder with him to the MRI room which is prohibited. It all happened because of the carelessness of the hospital’s doctors and administration. No security guard was either present to tell him that he should not carry an oxygen cylinder with him to the MRI room,” said Solanki.

Further stating that the Mri Machine was functioning when Maru was taken in, Solanki said, “As he entered the room, the MRI machine sucked him in due to the magnetic force as he had an oxygen cylinder with him. He died within 2 minutes. No hospital authority has approached us accepting their mistake.”

The body of the victim has been sent for post-mortem to JJ Hospital, while the police are probing the case on the basis of the CCTV footage of the incident handed over to them.

The post Shocking death! Man sucked into MRI machine at Mumbai hospital appeared first on APN Live.



This post first appeared on Latest World News, Breaking News In India, Business, Sports, Entertainment, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

Shocking death! Man sucked into MRI machine at Mumbai hospital

×

Subscribe to Latest World News, Breaking News In India, Business, Sports, Entertainment

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription

×