There are many different robotic vacs on the market, and we are specifically interested in the ones that have the ability to clean pet hair, as well as general dirt.
iRobot has the Roomba range, and two of them are the 805 and 690.
To save you time and research, we’ve put together an Irobot Roomba 805 vs 690 Comparison Guide outlining the main differences and similarities between these robo vacs.
You should get a good idea of which one might be best for you based on matching up this information with your own preferences and needs.
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
iRobot Roomba 805 vs 690: Differences, & Comparison
If you prefer, you can go straight to viewing these vacs here:
iRobot Roomba 805 Robot Vacuum Cleaner (on Amazon)
iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum (on Amazon)
iRobot Roomba 805 vs 690: Which To Get?
The 805 is a few series up from the 690. Having said that, the 690 is the latest vac in the 600 series range.
The latest model in the 800 series is the 890 – which we would check out before looking at the 805.
The 890 provides up to 5x the power of the 600 and 700 series vacs.
Also note that the 960 and 980 models are the most powerful and advanced of all the Roombas, so they may be worth taking a look at too.
If we are just talking about the differences between the 805 and 690, a major difference is that the 690 is Smart Home Connected – you can use it with the iRobot HOME App, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant
iRobot Roomba 805 vs 690: Differences
- The 690 is Smart Home Connected – you can use it with the iRobot HOME App, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant
- The 880 has tangle free dual brushes, whereas the 650 has standard dual brushes
- The 805 comes in the 800 series, whereas the 690 comes in the 600 series
- Both come with different accessories
iRobot Roomba 805 vs 690: Similarities
- Both are robotic vacuums
- Both are robo vacs for all surfaces
- Both clean dirt as well as pet hair
- Both have dual brushes to dislodge, pick up and suction mess
- Both have edge brushes to clean walls and edges
- Both have auto height adjust which allows the vacuum to adjust it’s own height to different surface types
- Both have iAdapt Navigation with sensors that allows Roomba to clean more of your room, more thoroughly.
- Both have Dirt Detect Technology
- Both allow you to schedule the vacuum to clean up to 7 times a week
- There’s also the option to just press clean on the vacuum – no programming required
- Has Cliff detect sensors to avoid stairs and other drop-offs
- Vacuum machine automatically returns to home base to charge once finished cleaning
- Weighs just under 8 lbs
- Both are bagless vacs
- Both comes with a 1 year limited warranty
iRobot Roomba 805 vs 690: Reviews
- iRobot Roomba 805 Review
- iRobot Roomba 690 Review
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here
The post iRobot Roomba 805 vs 690: Differences, & Comparison appeared first on The Daily Shep.