There are a few different dog Bike leash attachments available on the market, but some are certainly more popular and work better than others.
As two of the more prominent dog bike leash attachments, we’ve put together a Bike Tow Leash vs Walky Dog Plus Comparison guide so you can get an idea of which one might be better for you.
We list and outline the main features, pros and drawbacks to each dog bike attachment.
Let’s take a closer look!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
If you prefer, you can go straight to viewing each dog bike attachment here:
- Bike Tow Leash Dog Bicycle Attachment (on Amazon)
- Walky Dog Plus Hands Free Exerciser Leash (on Amazon)
Bike Tow Leash vs Walky Dog Plus: Summary – Which Is Better For You?
– The Bike Tow Leash Dog Bicycle Attachment is better if you want a flexible intuitive dog bike leash that naturally adjusts and moves with your dog’s movement and allows your dog to go ahead, next to or behind a standard single sprocket rear wheeled bike. It’s also better if you want a dog bike leash that can attach to other wheeled devices like mobility scooters, chairs and other personal mobility devices
– The Walky Dog Plus is better if you want a cheaper dog bike leash that is mainly intended to be fixed in one straight position for keeping your dog next to you, and not allowing the dog to go too far ahead or behind the bike. It’s a standard dog bike leash that attaches to the bike seat post or rear wheel
Bike Tow Leash vs Walky Dog Plus: Differences
- The Bike Tow Leash is more expensive
- The Bike Tow Leash is it’s own patented design
- The Bike Tow Leash mounts with a different clamp which is mainly for rear wall installation, compared to the Walky Dog Plus which has a clamp and bolt install for the bike seat stem, or the rear wheel with the rear wheel accessory
- The Bike Tow Leash mast moves with your dog as they choose to go behind, next to or in front of the bike, as opposes to the Walky Dog Plus which is a fixed bar/want attachment that doesn’t move
- The Bike Tow Leash can be fitted onto mobility scooters, chairs and other personal mobility devices
- The Bike Tow Leash bar is longer as standard than the Walky Dog Plus, giving you more space from your bike to your dog
Bike Tow Leash vs Walky Dog Plus: Similarities
- Both are used for the same basic task of riding with your dog hands free next to you on your bike
- Both can be mounted to the rear wheel
- Both can be used with a dog harness
- Both fit most standard bikes
- Both are quick to install, and can be removed and installed on other bikes
Bike Tow Leash vs Walky Dog Plus: Reviews
You can read individual reviews of each bike dog leash attachment here:
- Walky Dog Plus Review
- Bike Tow Leash Review
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here
The post Bike Tow Leash vs Walky Dog Plus: Comparison, & Which Is Better? appeared first on The Daily Shep.