German Shepherds tend to shed a lot all year round, and especially when they are losing their winter coat.
It helps if you have a good brushing routine for your GSD, but you can’t get rid of every piece of dog Hair and it’s inevitably going to find it’s way into your carpet, rugs, furniture and most surfaces in your home.
In this instance, it helps to know what the Best Vacuum For German Shepherd Hair might be.
In this guide we’ve listed two options – a smaller, cheaper option, and bigger, high powered option.
Let’s take a look at them both!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Best Vacuum For German Shepherd Dog & Puppy Hair
Our top picks for the best vacuums for German Shepherd Hair are:
- Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum, Corded, 33A1 (on Amazon) – Best Small, Cheap Vacuum For German Shepherd Hair
- Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum, Bordeaux (NV752) (on Amazon) – Best Powerful Vacuum For German Shepherd Hair
Best Vacuum For German Shepherd Dog & Puppy Hair: Reviews
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum
Features & Pros
- A 4 Amp handheld, corded, small vacuum cleaner intended specifically for vacuuming pet hair
- It weighs only 5lbs
- Can be used on surfaces such as house upholstery, stairs and the car
- Has a rubber nozzle that is designed to push hair up and out of the surface you are vacuuming
- Also has a hard nozzle for dry messes and dry objects such as pet food
- Uses a multi-layer filtration and cyclonic cleaning system
- The power cord is 16 feet long
- The capacity is 0.78 L
- Is bagless
- Vacuum measures about 10 by 5 by 8 inches
- Not for large areas and heavy use – more for small areas and light use
- If the pet hair is deep or trapped within a surface, it takes a lot of work to remove with this vacuum. So this vacuum is more of a surface hair and mess remover
- There are air vents on the side of this vacuum that can blow on and blow away what you are trying to vacuum
- The suction is good without being great. But, for it’s size, that’s to be expected
- A single purpose vacuum i.e. for pet hair and pet mess. You can’t really use it for general household vacuuming
- This vacuum is definitely value for money considering it’s price and if you want a small vacuum for small areas to remove surface level pet hair that isn’t deeply trapped. It’s cheap, but works well for this purpose
View the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum, Corded, 33A1 (on Amazon)
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum
Features & Pros
- Probably the best vacuum on the market for removing pet hair, but also allows you to use the vacuum as a regular vacuum
- Has a TONNE of features and is extremely versatile
- Can cover large areas of cleaning
- Quite powerful and has strong suction
- An upright vacuum with a detachable canister that comes with a TruePet Mini Motorized Brush and Pet Multi-Tool for pet hair removal
- Has 4 different modes – upright mode, power lift away mode, above floor mode, and Pet Brush + Multi Tool mode
- Has LED lights on the hand vac/nozzle
- Has Advanced Swivel Steering
- Has Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + a HEPA filter,
- Has Fingertip Controls to allow you to adjust the vacuum from hard floor to carpet mode, and allow you to switch the vacuum on and off easily
- Comes in 2 colors – Plasma Blue, and Bordeaux
- Vacuum weighs 15.4 lbs.
- Vacuum cord length is 30 feet
- Dust cup capacity is 1.5 dry quarts
- Comes with these attachments – Hard Floor Hero for surface litter and stuck-on debris on bare floors, TruePet Mini Motorized Brush and Pet Multi-Tool for pet hair, Duster Crevice
- The price is not cheap
- For some people, 15.4 lbs is too heavy for them for a vacuum – but for a powerful vacuum, this weight is about right
- The dust and hair collection canister could be slightly bigger
- The dust and hair collection canister could be easier to remove – it’s kind of cumbersome to remove
- The flexible vacuum hose could be slightly longer
- Overall, this vacuum is worth every penny. It’s the best pet hair removal vacuum on the market, and it’s very versatile as a premium vacuum cleaner for everyday use as well. The only reasons you wouldn’t get it if you have dogs is because of the cost or if you really want a smaller lightweight vacuum. Performance and quality is no issue at all
View the Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum, Bordeaux (NV752) (on Amazon)
Best Vacuum For German Shepherd Dog & Puppy Hair: Buyer’s Guide
What To Be Aware Of With Dog and Pet Hair Vacuums
Some features you might look out for are:
- The size of the vacuum
- Whether it’s designed just for pet hair removal, or whether it can be used for everyday vacuuming as well
- The power of the suction of the vacuum
- Whether the vacuum comes with attachments, and what those attachments are
- The number and types of modes the vacuum has
- Whether the vacuum is intended for small or large areas
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here
The post Best Vacuum For German Shepherd Dog & Puppy Hair appeared first on The Daily Shep.