When looking at the premium/top of the line e collars from Dogtra, you’ll want to do a Dogtra Edge vs Edge RT comparison.
We’v done exactly that in this guide where we clearly outline the differences and similarities between the two dog collar training systems.
We also consider which e collar might be better for different owners, trainers and dogs based on the features and what they were designed for.
Let’s compare and look at each of them more closely!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
If you want to go straight to viewing the Dogtra Edge, and Dogtra Edge RT, you can do so here:
Dogtra Edge E Collar (on Amazon)
*NOTE: you can add more dogs to the Edge remote by buying separate Edge collar devices – Dogtra Edge Add On Collars/Receivers In Black, Blue, Orange or Green (on Amazon)
Dogtra Edge RT E Collar (on Amazon)
*NOTE: you can add more dogs to the Edge RT remote by buying separate Edge RT collar devices – Dogtra Edge Add On Collars/Receivers In Black, Blueor Green (on Amazon)
Dogtra Edge vs Edge RT: Which Might Be Better For You?
It depends on how many dogs you want to be able to add to the system, and the number of features and customisation you want in an e collar system.
- The Edge can control up to 4 dogs on the one remote handheld and has more features + an additional 127 level static stimulation level system the Edge RT doesn’t have
- The Edge RT can control up to 3 dogs, and has less features than the Edge. It also has only low and medium static power output by default (with a high power boost feature), whilst the Edge RT has low to high power output by default
You can check out more of the specific differences and similarities below, plus individual reviews…
Dogtra Edge vs Edge RT: Differences
The main differences between the two dog e collar training systems are:
- The Edge is expandable to train/control up to 4 dogs from the same handheld remote, whilst the Edge RT is expandable to train/control up to 3 dogs
- The Edge requires additional add on Edge collar receivers for extra dogs whilst the Edge RT takes Edge RT collar receivers
- The handheld remote layout and color coding/scheme is different on the Edge compared to the Edge RT
- The Edge has a LCD screen on the remote that allows you to see the static stimulation level and battery level, whereas the Edge RT has no LCD screen
- The Edge has two static systems – a 127 level static system and an 8 level static system. Each system in controllable by separate dials and can be interchanged to whenever you like. The Edge RT only has the 8 level static system available and one dial
- By default, the Edge has low through to high static stimulation power output available for training. By default, the Edge RT has low to medium static stimulation power output available for training, but has the boost features for high power output by combining the low and medium static buttons at the same time
- The Edge has a platinum lifetime warranty, whereas the Edge RT has a 2 year limited warranty
- Overall the Edge is designed for dog owners and trainers that need advanced features, like customizability, expandability, and durability. Specifically designed for pet training, hunting, hounds, K9, and serious amateurs. The Edge RT is designed for advanced trainers and owners, but those looking for a simpler remote and collar receiver system with less features.
Dogtra Edge vs Edge RT: Similarities
- Both are premium type handheld remote and collar receiver training systems
- Remotes come with color coded buttons for different dogs
- Both have a 1 mile range from handheld remote to collar receiver
- Both have an 8 level static stimulation system is available on the remote, controllable by the Selector dial
- Both have Low to high power output for the static stimulation (in the Edge RT, you have to manually generate high power with the low and medium static buttons)
- Both have 2 hour rapid charge batteries
- Both have nick (temporary) and constant stimulation options
- Both have a vibration training option
- Both systems are fully waterproof
- Both come with extendable collar contact points (5/8″ to 3/4″)
- Both systems are for Dogs as Small as 35 lbs.
- Neither has a tone/sound training option
- Both come with a belt clip
- You must purchase the additional collar receivers separately for both dog collar training systems
Dogtra Edge vs Edge RT: Reviews
Dogtra Edge Review
Dogtra Edge RT Review
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here
The post Dogtra Edge vs Edge RT: Comparison, & Which Is Better? appeared first on The Daily Shep.