We’ve put together a quick and simple Dogtra Combo Review of this e collar dog training system from Dogtra.
The Combo model is unique from most other Dogtra e collars in that it has a static boost features and also the option to train with sound/tone.
We take a look at these features, other good features, and also the cons of this remote dog training system.
We also consider who the Dogtra Combo might suit best in terms of owners, trainers and dogs.
Let’s check it out more closely!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Dogtra Combo Review: Is This E Collar Worth It?
If you’d like to go straight to viewing the Dogtra Combo e collar, you can do so here:
Dogtra Combo E Collar (on Amazon)
Dogtra Combo: Review
- Has a 1/2 mile from the handhled remote to the collar receiver device
- Has a dial on the front of the remote with 8 different static stimulation levels
- Remote has default low and medium static power output buttons
- Has a static ‘boost control’ system where when you combine pushing the low and medium static buttons, you get a high static stimulation delivered. So, every level of the static dial has 3 of it’s own levels to it – a low, medium and high level (high is the boost option)
- Has both temporary/nick and continuous static stimulation static options available
- Has a vibration training option
- Has a sound/tone training option
- Has 2 hour rapid charge batteries
- Handheld and remote are compact/small for smaller dogs
- System is waterproof
- Comes with short contact points
- For dogs as small as 10 lbs
- Doesn’t come with a belt clip
- Doesn’t come with long contact points
- There is no LCD screen on the handheld remote showing the static level and the battery level
- Not a 2 dog system – for 1 dog only
View the Dogtra Combo E Collar on Amazon
Dogtra Combo: Buyer’s Guide
What Is The Dogtra Combo Designed For?
It is designed for pet training, hunting dogs, police K9 professionals, and serious amateurs.
Who Might The Dogtra Combo Be For?
- Those who are needing an e collar for pet training, hunting dogs, police K9 training, and advanced training
- Those looking to train with static (shock), tone and vibration training modes
- Those with dogs as small as 10lbs
- Those looking for a 1 dog training e collar
- Those with soft through to harder temperament dogs
Who Might The Dogtra Combo NOT Be For
- Those with dogs smaller than 10lbs
- Those looking for an e collar with high power static output as default
- Those who want a 2 dogs system
What Do You Get In The Dogtra Combo Kit?
- Battery Charger and Splitter Cable
- Owner’s Manual
What Might Be The Best Way To Use An E Collar On A Dog?
For professional advice on using a shock or e collar, see a vet or a professional dog trainer, or animals expert.
But, in general, good e collars come with instruction manuals and guides that tell you how to safely and effectively use their product.
Look to buy from a reputable company that cares about the safety and well being of the dogs.
The best way to use an e collar might be as a temporary device for associating negative or undesirable behavior with a cue (such as a vibration or noise), or a stimulus (such as a nick/static stimulus).
They can be used to teach or retrain a certain behavior, and then put away. They may only be brought out again if your dog/s forget that behavior, or need retraining.
So, really, they could be used ideally as a temporary training and teaching tool (not permanent) for happy and healthy dogs.
If you notice any negative side effects to your dog’s physical or mental health from using an e collar, discontinue use immediately.
The benefits of an e collar might be:
- You don’t have to set the collar to shock if it has alternative options like tone or vibration
- The lowest shock settings on good e collars will provide a small amount of discomfort, not pain
- The feedback to your dog is instantaneous and not delayed
- It works at range
- It saves you shouting and getting frustrated
- + many other benefits
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here
The post Dogtra Combo Review: Is This E Collar Worth It? appeared first on The Daily Shep.