They are two of the more popular Dogtra E Collars, so it makes sense to do a Dogtra 1900S vs ARC comparison.
In this comparison guide, we take a look at the different models of both the 1900S and ARC dog collar training systems.
We consider the differences, similarities, and which e collar might be best for you depending on what you’re looking for from a dog collar training system.
Let’s check them out!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Dogtra 1900S vs ARC: Comparison, & Which E Collar Is Better?
You can go straight to viewing the 1900S and ARC models here:
Dogtra 1900S E Collar (on Amazon)
**You can purchase long contact points for the collar separately (only short contact points come with the system) – Dogtra Stainless Steel Contact Points (on Amazon)
Other Dogtra 1900S Models
– Dogtra 1900S Black Edition E Collar (on Amazon) (increased range and blue LED lights for low light conditions)
– Dogtra 1900S Wetlands E Collar (on Amazon) (camouflage for wetland hunting)
– Dogtra 1902S E Collar (on Amazon) (two dog 1900S model)
Dogtra ARC E Collar (on Amazon)
**You can buy an additional and separate dog training collar for the ARC if you have a second dog – Dogtra ARC Additional Receiver Collar, Orange (on Amazon)
**You can also purchase long contact points for the collar separately for longer haired dogs (only short contact points come with the system) – Dogtra Stainless Steel Contact Points (on Amazon)
Other Dogtra ARC Models
– Dogtra ARC Wetlands E Collar (on Amazon) (camouflage for wetland hunting)
– Dogtra ARC Handsfree E Collar (on Amazon) (handsfree/handheld remote free operation, as you can operate the collar device with a fingertip operated button on a wrist/hand strap included)
Dogtra 1900S vs ARC: Which Is Better For You?
It depends on what you are looking for.
You’d get the 1900S if….
- You want a dog e collar for the most intense conditions. Or, if you are a serious amateur and professional trainer, in pet obedience, hunting, competition trials, and K-9.
- You want low through to high power static stimulation (shock) for the most sensitive through to the most stubborn dogs
- You want a dog e collar for 1 dog
- Your dog is 35lbs and over
- You want the Black Edition or Wetlands model 1900S
- Note also that there is a 1902S model that is the 1900S model, but is a 2 dog system
You’d get the ARC if…
- You are a regular or advanced dog owner or trainer
- You want a low through to medium power static stimulation (shock) for soft to medium temperament dogs
- You want a dog e collar for 2 dogs – 2 dogs can be controlled/trained from the remote handheld with the purchase of additional separate add on collar devices
- Your dog/s are 15 lbs and over
- You want the Handsfree or Wetlands model ARC
Dogtra 1900S vs ARC: Differences
- The 1900S is for serious amateurs to serious professionals, whereas the ARC is for more regular owners
- The 1900S has low through to high power for sensitive through to stubborn dogs, whilst the ARC has low to medium power for soft to mild temperament dogs
- The 1900S is mainly for 1 dog unless you get the 1902S, whilst the ARC is a 2 dog system
- The 1900S is for 35lb dogs and over, whilst the ARC is for 15lb dogs and over
- The 1900S comes with a Black Edition model and a 1902S model, whereas the ARC comes with a handsfree model
Dogtra 1900S vs ARC: Similarities
- Both have 3/4-mile range
- Both are fully waterproof (waterproof certified to IPX9K)
- Both have 127 different levels of static stimulation/shock
- Both allow you to control the static stimulation level through an easy to twist dial
- Both have nick (temporary) and continuous static stimulation/shock options
- Both come with a vibration option
- Both have an LCD display on the handheld remote
- Both come as a Wetlands hunting model
- Both come with a belt clip for the handheld remote
- Both have batteries that charge in 2 hours
- Both come with short contact points only
Dogtra 1900S vs ARC: Reviews
- Dogtra 1900S Review
- Dogtra 1900S Black Edition Review
- Dogtra 1900S Wetlands Review
- Dogtra 1902S Review
- Dogtra ARC Review
- Dogtra ARC Handsfree Review
- Dogtra ARC Wetlands Review
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here
The post Dogtra 1900S vs ARC: Comparison, & Which E Collar Is Better? appeared first on The Daily Shep.