If you’re choosing between these two pet carrier, a Sleepypod Air vs Atom Comparison could be useful for you.
Both are designed for foot, car and airline travel, but have differences in overall design.
In this comparison we outline the differences, similarities and which Dog Carrier might be best for you.
Let’s take a closer look!
Sleepypod Air vs Atom Dog Carrier Comparison: Which Is Better?
If you’d like to go straight to checking out each pet carrier, you can do so here:
Sleepypod Air In Cabin Pet Carrier (on Amazon) – For dogs up to 15 lbs, Measures 22 L x 10.5 W x 10 H inches, and the carrier weighs 4 lbs
Sleepypod Atom Dog Carrier (on Amazon) – measures 17 (long) x 10.5 (wide) x 2.5 (tall) inches, and is for pets 12 lbs or less
Sleepypod Air vs Atom Dog Carrier – Which Should You Get?
It really comes down to the size of your dog. The Sleepypod Air is the more popular of the two, and the Atom is actually just a smaller and more compact version of the Air.
Sleepypod Air – For dogs 15 lbs and under, and that fit into a carrier which measures 22 L x 10.5 W x 10 H inches
Sleepypod Atom – for dogs 12 lbs and under, and that fit into a carrier that measures 17 (long) x 10.5 (wide) x 2.5 (tall) inches
Sleepypod Air vs Atom Dog Carrier: Similarities
- Both come in one size
- Both come in different colors
- Both are car crash tested
- Both have top and side entry points
- Both have mesh ventilation panels
- Both fold flat for storage when your pet isn’t inside
- Both come with storage pockets
- Both comes with an interior bedding mattress that can be removed and washed
- Both have a safety tether inside the carrier
- Both have an adjustable shoulder strap for carrying
- Both have a padded carry handle
Sleepypod Air vs Atom Dog Carrier: Differences
- The Atom fits under most airline in cabin seats as is, where as the Air needs to be compressed to fit (it has a compressible design
- The Sleepypod Air has a trolley pocket that allows you to attach it to other luggage items like the extendable handle of your suitcase with wheels for example
- The Sleepypod Air is more popular and is the bigger of the two
- The carriers have slightly different shapes
- The Air is just a little bit heavier than the Atom by about 0.8 lbs
Sleepypod Air vs Atom Dog Carrier: Reviews
- Sleepypod Atom Review
- Sleepypod Air Review
Other Dog and Pet Carriers For Airline Travel
Check out this guide with some of the most popular and airline approved pet carriers.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here
The post Sleepypod Air vs Atom Dog Carrier Comparison: Which Is Better? appeared first on The Daily Shep.