In this Sturdibag vs Sherpa vs Sleepypod Comparison, we take a look at 5 popular pet carriers from these brands:
- The Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier Bag
- The Sturdibag Pet Carrier w/ heavy mesh
- The Standard Sturdibag Pet Carrier w/out heavy mesh
- The Sleepypod Air Pet Carrier
- The Sleepypod Atom Pet Carrier
We’ve considered which of these pet carriers might be best for you, and why. We’ve taken into account the uses, features and of course price of the carriers.
Let’s take a closer look!
Sturdibag vs Sherpa vs Sleepypod Pet Carrier Comparison: Which Is Better?
Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier (on Amazon) – for pets up to 22lbs, fits pets up to 18″ in length x 11″ in height
Sleepypod Air In Cabin Pet Carrier (on Amazon) – For dogs up to 15 lbs, Measures 22 L x 10.5 W x 10 H inches, and the carrier weighs 4 lbs
Sleepypod Atom Dog Carrier (on Amazon) – measures 17 (long) x 10.5 (wide) x 2.5 (tall) inches, and is for pets 12 lbs or less
SturdiBag Pet Carrier w/ heavy mesh (on Amazon) – approved on most major US airlines for in cabin travel, measures 12 H x 12 W x 18 D inches, for dogs up to 30lbs
Standard Sturdibag Pet Carrier, Small (on Amazon) – Small is 10 x 10 x 18 inches, and is for toy sizes pets up to 10 lbs
- Standard Sturdibag Pet Carrier, Large (on Amazon) – Large is 18 inch length x 12 inch height x 12 inch width, and is for pets up to 25 lbs
- Standard Sturdibag Pet Carrier, Extra Large (on Amazon) – XL is 20 x 12 x 16 inches, and is for pets up to 35 lbs
Sturdibag vs Sherpa vs Sleepypod Pet Carrier – Which Is Best For You?
If we were to take into account price, range of features and number of uses, we’d pick the Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier as the best of the three.
It’s designed for foot, car and plan travel, and has almost every feature you’d want in a carrier.
Second, we’d pick Sturdibag Pet Carriers, and third we’d pick the Sleepypod Carriers.
None of the carriers have anything majorly wrong with them – it’s highly unlikely you’d be disappointed with any of them.
The only thing we would note is that the Sturdibag w/ heavy mesh is a compressible carrier, and some people report that in order to fit it under a standard airline seat in cabin, you do have to compress it. It sometimes won’t fit in it’s elongated shape.
Apart from that you’d have to pay attention to the weight capacity and dimensions of each of the carriers. Make sure your dog is small enough to fit in them.
How do you measure your dog for a carrier? Take two measurements:
- One from the base of the tail to your dog’s chest
- The other is from the ground to the top of your dog’s shoulders
Sturdibag vs Sherpa vs Sleepypod Pet Carrier: Similarities
- The biggest similarity between the carriers is that they are all designed for foot, car and airline in cabin travel
- The carriers all have fairly similar features including but not limited to:
- Dual side and top entries
- Removable and washable bed mats inside the carriers
- Shoulder straps that are adjustable
- Carry handles
- Seatbelt straps
- All the carriers are designed for toy to small sized dogs
Sturdibag vs Sherpa vs Sleepypod Pet Carrier: Differences
- Price is a fairly big difference between all the carriers
- Dimensions are slightly different between the carriers
- Weight limits/capacities are also different
- The Sturdibag and Sleepypod Carriers have a couple of extra features such as tether points inside the carriers, a collapsible design and crash tested (the Sleepypods are crash tested) designs for example that the Sherpa doesn’t have. They also have a range of colors to choose from
- The Sleepypod Atom is a smaller and more compact version of the Air
Sturdibag vs Sherpa vs Sleepypod Pet Carrier: Reviews
- Sherpa Pet Carrier Review
- Sleepypod Air Review
- Sturdibag Carrier Review
- Sleepypod Atom Review
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here
The post Sturdibag vs Sherpa vs Sleepypod Pet Carrier Comparison: Which Is Better? appeared first on The Daily Shep.