In this guide we check out the best extra large Dog Crates for Giant breeds.
Giant breeds in this case are usually over 100lbs, and have long bodies. So, they need a crate that has both the extra large dimensions and weight capacity to fit them.
If we take Great Danes for example, they can average anywhere between 100 to 200 lbs and be 34 inches tall.
There’s only a few dog crates on the market that fit this criteria and can house dogs this big, and we’ve reviewed and listed them here.
Let’s check them out!
Best Extra Large Dog Crates For Giant Breeds That Are Big & Heavy
Our top picks for the best extra large dog crates for Giant breeds are:
Midwest Solution Series “Ginormus” Double Door Dog Crate (on Amazon)
MidWest Starter Series Single-Door Drop-Pin Metal Dog Crate (on Amazon)
*Dog crate bed is sold separately – MidWest Deluxe Bolster Pet Bed for Dogs (on Amazon)
*Dog divider panel sold separately – MidWest Homes for Pets Divider Panel (on Amazon)
Best Extra Large Dog Crates For Giant Breeds: Reviews
Midwest Solution Series “Ginormus” Double Door Dog Crate
Dog Crate Features
- Overall, a good crate for extra large dogs like Great Danes, Mastiffs and St Bernards for example
- A 2 door metal wire crate that measures 54L x 37W x 45H Inches
- Designed for extra large dog breeds weighing over 90 lbs
- Both doors feature 3 of their own slide bolts for locking and crate security
- Has a four drop pin construction going through the corners of the crate for extra strength and durability
- Has L-Hook sides to keep them from bowing
- Comes with a leakproof ABS plastic pan that is removable and easy to clean
- Metal has an e-coat finish so it doesn’t rust
- The crate is one of the heavier crates on the market at around 80 lbs
- Because the crate is so large, the wire is a little weaker than you like ideally. You may need to reinforce the crate with zip ties for a bit of extra strength
- Requires two people to assemble the crate – some people take a while and have a little difficulty putting ti together
- Crate, because of it’s weight, is not very portable
View the Midwest Solution Series “Ginormus” Double Door Dog Crate on Amazon
MidWest Starter Series Single-Door Drop-Pin Metal Dog Crate
Dog Crate Features
- A single door metal wire dog crate
- Comes in 3 sizes up to the largest size which has the dimensions of 54 x 35 x 45 inches
- Has a satin-black electro-coat finish for durability
- Has corner drop pins that allow quick construction
- Has slide bolt latches on the door
- Has 1-1/2-by-5-inch mesh
- ABS removable and washable plastic pan is sold separately
- Dog bed for crate sold separately
- Difficult to put together
- Construction is not the easiest to get together, and is not the strongest
View the MidWest Starter Series Single-Door Drop-Pin Metal Dog Crate on Amazon
- Sold separately is the MidWest Starter 54 Inch Dog Crate Pan (on Amazon)
Best Extra Large Dog Crates For Giant Breeds: Buyer’s Guide
Who Are These Crates For?
It’s pretty simple. If you have an extra large or Giant dog, and no other dog crate will fit them, these are your best options.
We are talking dogs generally 100+ lbs and over 28 to 30 inches tall.
What Other Options Do I Have For My Giant Dog?
The only other options if you are looking to isolate your dog for crate training or something similar, would be a box kennel.
These kennels go outside and a popular one is the Lucky Dog Uptown Welded Wire Kennel (on Amazon).
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here
The post Best Extra Large Dog Crates For Giant Breeds That Are Big & Heavy appeared first on The Daily Shep.