Knowing how important a good night’s sleep is for yourself, you can probably appreciate that picking the best bed for your Shiba Inu dog or puppy is equally important.
But, as important as this decision is, it can also be easy and straightforward.
With this guide we’ve outlined what size Dog Bed to get for your Shiba Inu, the different dog bed types and how price generally affects dog beds.
We’ve also linked you to a handy checklist with the different features available in dog beds like whether they have orthopedic foam for example.
Sound easy enough? Great! Let’s jump into it!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only. It is not professional advice. See a qualified vet or animal expert for professional advice)
Best Dog Bed For Shiba Inu Dogs & Puppies
These are our top picks for the best dog beds for Shiba Inus:
Cheap Dog Beds
- MidWest Homes For Pets Deluxe Pet Bed (on Amazon) – Indoor Dog Bed
- MidWest Deluxe Bolster Pet Bed for Dogs & Cats (on Amazon) – Indoor Dog Bed
- Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed (on Amazon) – Outdoor Dog Bed
Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Beds
- Best 4 Inch Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed – Dogbed4less Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed (on Amazon)
- Cheap 4 Inch Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed – Milliard Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed (on Amazon)
Bolster Dog Beds
- Barksbar Orthopedic Dog Bed With Padded Bolster Rim (on Amazon) – Bolster Dog Bed
Bagel Dog Beds
- Majestic Pet Suede Bagel Dog Bed (on Amazon) – Bagel Shaped Dog Bed
Outdoor Dog Beds
- Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed (on Amazon) – Cheaper Outside Dog Bed
- Kuranda PVC Dog Bed on Amazon – Mid Price Outside Dog Bed
– Available with Kuranda Reversible Fleece Pad (on Amazon)
- K9 Ballistics Cujo Cot Dog Bed (on Amazon) – Heavy Duty Chew Resistant Outdoor Dog Bed
- Kuranda Aluminium Dog Bed (on Amazon) – Heavy Duty Chew Resistant Outdoor Dog Bed
– Also available with Kuranda Reversible Fleece Pad (on Amazon)
Firstly, How Big Are Shiba Inus? – Weight & Height Dimensions
Shiba Inus can range in size, but are generally a small sized breed, and an average weight and height for a Shiba Inu might be:
- Weight – 17 to 23 lbs
- Height – 13 to 17 inches
It’s best to measure your own Shiba Inu and get their weight, height and length. Also, take note of what position they lay in most commonly when they are laying down and sleeping e.g. do they lay out straight, do they spread their legs out, do they curl up?
You might like to also like to measure your Shiba Inu while they are in their sleeping position.
What Size Dog Bed Should I Get For My Shiba Inu?
Now you have dimensions and the weight of your Shiba Inu. So, it’s time to consider what size of bed to get.
For any dog bed you are considering, make sure you look at two things when it comes to size:
- The length and width of the bed – your dog in their sleeping position should be able to fit in the sleeping area of the bed. Make sure you subtract any bolsters or frames from the length and width of the bed – look for the actual sleeping area of the bed, and not the exterior length and width dimensions which may include bolsters and frames
- What weight of dog the bed is made for – does the dog bed have a weight limit? If so, make sure your dog fits under the weight limit
Simple so far, right? So if we take two beds for example and look at how we check the size:
Milliard Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed (on Amazon) – The Medium size is probably going to be plenty long and wide enough for a Shiba Inu because of the sleeping area dimensions
Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed (on Amazon) – The Small bed has a weight limit of 50lbs, which is probably going to be a high enough weight limit for a Shiba Inu
Let’s move on…
Best Dog Bed For A Shiba Inu Puppy
Most owners will either:
- Buy a dog bed they think their puppy won’t outgrow by the time they are an adult dog. You can make a pretty good guess on the final size by looking at breed average size info, and speaking to your vet
- Buy a cheaper dog bed for the first 6 months to a year, and replace it with a bigger bed once they get a better idea of how big their dog will be
The first option is probably better though because it will cost you less and create less waste
For a Shiba Inu puppy – you might plan on them at their biggest as an adult reaching 17 inches tall and 23 lbs – so you could buy a bed with say 10-20% bigger weight and length/width capacity than that
How To Choose A Dog Bed For Your Shiba Inu – Type, Price & Your Own Preferences
This is where it can get confusing for most people, but we’ve put together a very easy to follow guide and checklist you check over to pick a type and price of dog bed, and also factor your preferences into that:
- Which Dog Bed Should I Buy?: Checklist To Help You Choose + Type, Size & Price Considerations
In this checklist, we mention:
- The different types of dog beds and what types of dogs they might be good for
- The different price brackets of dog beds and what you might expect from each price of dog bed
In terms of preferences, we mention where you can find beds that fit into categories like:
- Different shaped dog beds
- Heavy duty dog beds for heavy chewers and destructive dogs
- Waterproof and washable dog beds
- Dog beds for dogs that burrow, nest and dig
- Dog beds that look like furniture
- Eco friendly dog beds
- Heated dog beds
- Self cooling dog beds
- + more
Most Small or Medium sized dog beds in each bed brand and range are probably going to be most suitable for a Shiba Inu
Dog Beds For Shiba Inus If I Live In The UK, Canada, Australia, Europe or India
Amazon currently ship to most of these locations. When you visit Amazon, and view the dog bed, it should say whether it ships to your country and what the shipping cost is (if any).
If you go directly through the manufacturer site, they usually tell you when landing on the site or going to the checkout whether they can ship to your country.
Further Resources For Helping You Pick A Dog Bed For Your Shiba Inu
- The Best and Most Honest List Of Dog Bed Reviews and Guides
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here
The post Best Dog Bed For Shiba Inu Dogs & Puppies appeared first on The Daily Shep.