Some people like to use them to cool their dog down in hot or humid weather.
Whilst others use them to relax and provide comfort to an older dog with joint issues, a dog with sickness, or a dog recovering from surgery.
With no cords, batteries, water or refridgeration required – they are quick and simple to use.
Let’s take a look at the best self Cooling dog gel pad option!
(NOTE: this is a general informational and educational guide only. It is not professional advice. See a vet or qualified expert for professional advice).
Best Self Cooling Mat and Gel Pad For Dog Houses, Kennels, Crates & Beds + More!
If you want to go straight to viewing our choice for the best mat/gel pad, you can do so here:
- View Arf Pets Self Cooling Mat & Gel Pad (on Amazon)
Best Self Cooling Mat and Gel Pad For Dogs: Reviews
Arf Pets Self Cooling Mat & Gel Pad
A nylon cushion type mat designed to keep pets cool in warm temperatures or higher humidity conditions. The cushioning is comfortable on the joints and bones.
It may even be used for older ailing dogs with joint issues. It may also help relax a pet that’s recovering from surgery or suffering from pain, swelling, stress, skin conditions, Cushing’s disease, and more.
Other features include:
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor use – if you use it outdoors, make sure you use it undercover and not in direct sunlight or exposed to the elements
- Uses no electricity or cords, no batteries, no refrigeration and no water.
- It is a self cooling mat that should provide cooling relief for up to 3 hours at a time. After 3 hours of use, it automatically recharges in just 15-20 minutes of non-use.
- Non toxic and latex free to maximise safety for your dog. 100% safe for not only your dog, but for you and your kids.
- The mat is very flexible, retains it’s shape and is easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Very easy to fold up and store away
- Doesn’t seem to have any issues with larger heavier dogs using it
- Seems relatively scratch proof. If you have a dog that is a heavy chewer though, this might not be the best option
- Great as a travel mat if you go driving somewhere locally or out of town.
- The mat is made to be durable with a solid construction so that the gel doesn’t leak – puncture resistant. But, do keep the mat away from sharp objects and your dog’s teeth
Comes in three sizes:
- 23 by 35 inches
- 27 by 43 inches
- 35 x 55 inches
View Arf Pets Self Cooling Mat & Gel Pad on Amazon
Best Self Cooling Mat and Gel Pad For Dogs: Buyer’s Guide
Major things you want to be aware of when buying a self cooling gel pad are:
- What is the outer fabric made of and how durable is it? – Does it rip/tear easy and does it stand up to punctures?
- What is the internal cooling gel made of? Is it completely non-toxic and safe for your dog, your kids and you in case there is a puncture or leak?
- Is the mat and inside and an outside mat? Can it be used in your home as well as outside on the back patio or in the dog house?
- What sizes does the mat come in? Can you get a size to fit a dog house or crate that you own?
- How much cushioning is there in the mat for comfort while your dog sits, kneels or lays on it?
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here
The post Best Self Cooling Mat and Gel Pad For Dog Houses, Kennels, Crates, Beds + More! appeared first on The Daily Shep.