Supurr Greetings Pawesome Pals
Thanks fur joining fur us fur Part XI of our Crafting with Cats segment. Mew know we have so much fun making all this stuff, and we Hope Mew enjoy seeing it and/or making it too!
If mew missed any of our previous CWC posts, here's how to make:
Merlin's Wizard Hat
Smoochie's Supurr Hero's Cape
Magical Kitty Lantern
Supurr Luxe Pom Pom Hammock
Kitty Observatory ~ Cativity Centre
Halloween Catnip Toys
Valentines Heart Crinkle Mat
Puzzle Treat Box ~ Fish Fur Treats
The Let's Go Fishing Teaser Toy
Catnip Pumpkin Toys and The Spooky Haunted House Photo Set
* * *
All Crafting with Cats ideas and creations are of our own design.
* * *
This time we're making
What Mew Will Need:
Cotton fabric of your choice
Tailors chalk or similar fabric marker
Thread and Needle or Sewing machine
and we used lot's of home grown BBHQ catnip and catmint
Optional Cat ~ Parsley was today's Craft Room Snoopervisor
Here's our selection of fabric
Ooooh what purretty colours!
Making The Catnip Hearts
1. Parsley was snoopervising today's session and making sure all Health & Safety protocols were carried out.
2. Cut out a cardboard template of your chosen heart
3. Pick which colour felt square and trace 2 x heart outlines
4. Repeat No. 3 then cut out hearts and place right sides together.
5. & 6. If mew don't have a sewing machine, that's ok. Mew can hand stitch the hearts together. We used the sewing machine and left a good inch so we could turn the right sides out.
7. Turn right sides out and your hearts should look something like this.
8. Get your catnip and stuff to the brim, then hand stitch the last part the of the seams together.
Making The Catnip Heart Kicker Toy
1. Take your chosen fabric, we used this lovely cotton print. Cut a rectangle, mew can make to a size of your choice, though ours is approx 8 x 4 inches.
2. Fold the rectangle along the long edge [in-half] and sew along the bottom and long edge, either by hand or with a sewing machine.
3. Turn right side out and get your wadding ready.
4. Stuff kicker toy, alternating with wadding and then catnip until full.
5. Cut your ribbon into approx 4 inch lengths and add to top edge, tack in place if mew need to. Stitch securely along the top edge to fully secure ribbons.
And mew should now have something like this - some epically epic toys and a crazy cat or two, or maybe even three! MOL
Smooch was loving it!
Before we go any further, we need to make a quick introduction, my young nephew Melvyn has just moved in so purrlease say hi, mew can see the furrmily resemblance can't mew? What a cheeky little chap he is! MOL
Even crotchety Amber got stuck in too.
In total from start to finish, these 3 toys took about 25 mins to make. It would have been quicker but the P.A. couldn't see to thread the needle - PFFFFTTTT - OLD TIMERS!
As mew can see the Valentines toys were a total hit, the P.A. said she'd neffur seen so much cat drool and made a note on a post-it to use less potent nip next time - though we promptly ate said post-it note as we really like the extra potent nip! MOL
And that furriends furry sadly brings us to the end of our eleventh Crafting with Cats post, we do hope mew liked it and if mew decide to make your furry own Valentines toys, we hope mew enjoy them as much as we are still enjoying ours!
Wait till mew see what we've got lined up fur our special Easter crafting sesh, can mew guess?
We'll be back tomorrow with The Valentines Pet Parade and do hope mew can join us then.
Bestest crafty purrs
Wing Commander Basil & The B Team
We at BionicBasil HQ are not responsible or liable fur any injuries to person/s and/or cat/s, crafting addictions, glue on cats, paper cuts, misplaced pins and needles, cats stealing your supplies, broken scissors, cat fur stuck on your projects, or your project not turning out as planned. By using this information you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless BionicBasil and staff from and against any and all claims for personal injuries or damages of any kind arising from use of any Crafting With Cats posts we may share.
Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com
mewsic used under paid licence www.audiojungle.net