If you are building a house or simply wanting to repaint a room, then you must be wondering how much does it cost to paint a room? Or what should be considered when estimating the cost to paint a room?
Generally, the usual interior Painting cost would range from $200 to $4000. The average cost to paint one room, of average size, by yourself may start at around $200 whereas hiring a painter may usually cost you somewhere $300 to $800. As for an entire home interior, it may generally cost around $900 to $2000. However, it is important to note that these price ranges may change according to several factors, such as the size of the room or the painter’s fees, that will have to be considered in estimating a close to accurate cost.
What is the size of the home interior? The size of the room? Are you willing to hire a painter? Or would you rather do it yourself? Do you want to use expensive painting materials or are you going for the cheaper ones? These are some of the things needed to be taken into account when trying to calculate the cost for Interior Painting.
Factors that Affect Interior Painting Cost
Understandably, the bigger the home interior or room, the more expensive it will be. An average sized room (10×12) may cost you $300 to $800 when considering to hire a painter. Painting the room by yourself, however, may cost you $200 to $300. The size of the room matters as it will also dictate the longer hours a painter may spend for bigger rooms; longer hours would mean higher labor costs.
To further answer the question “how much does it cost to paint a room?” we look
into the painting materials as these materials are another factor that affects the cost to paint a room; higher end materials mean higher prices but may also ensure better quality. Usually, hiring painters would mean that they will supply the materials needed for painting; however, there are times when painters will allow homeowners to supply the materials. This deal would leave you paying a lower price as you will only be paying for the labor. Without further ado, below are the materials essential for interior painting.
- Primer – Before the actual painting, the primer is applied in order to help the appearance of the color of the new paint. One wall may need 1 to 2 cans of primer. Primers may cost, more or less, around $10.
- Paint – There are several brands of paint available in the market which you can get for as low as $15 a gallon. The average price of paint will cost between $30 to $60. It is important, therefore, to determine how many gallons of paint are needed for the room or the home interior. To give you an idea, an average sized bedroom may do well with 3 gallons of paint.
- Brushes – Are there specific brushes you want the painters to use? Or perhaps you have your own old brushes which they can still use? Nevertheless, brushes will cost around $15 to $20. Additionally, small brushes would be needed for touch ups.
- Sandpaper – The usual pole sander will cost around $15 to $20. However, you may use a different sandpaper for the walls and it may cost you cheaper.
- Paint tray and paint rollers – Paint trays sold at Walmart may cost around $3 to $10. Paint rollers may cost as low as $5 to $100 depending on whether or not the roller is traditional or more advanced. Although advanced models of rollers may be expensive, they may do the jobs faster.
- Ladders – Perhaps this may already be available in homes but just to give you an idea, ladders will cost you $40 to $150. Home interiors with higher ceilings may need to spend more than the usual costs for average sized walls and ceilings.
Tips for Better Painting Experience
- Ask for recommendations when it comes to painters. This is to ensure better painting quality as well as better service for better painting experience.
- Don’t be afraid to ask. There may be some painters who are willing to do a bargain in labor costs especially if the painting project is a big one.
- Interviewing the painter may also benefit you as it will give you an overview of what to expect from him/her. How long has he/she been painting? Have there been any complaints?
- If it is not much of a hassle, if the room is not that big and you are tight on budget, pursue a Do-It-Yourself interior painting.
- Make use of old painting materials which are still good in quality.
- Check online as there are many forums that will give you an idea of how much homeowners are usually paying for interior painting. Getting multiple estimates should be done before choosing.
Let us go back to the main question. Hopefully, this article has helped you in answering the question: How much does it cost to paint a room?
The post How Much Does Interior Painting Cost appeared first on How Coster.