How You Duit?
How You Duit? is a recurring feature on CompareHero.my’s blog, where we ask 10 questions on personal finance habits and dive into the wallets of our fellow Malaysians.
Eu Jin is our VP of Business Development in CompareHero.my. Where everyone is splurging on the most decadent of food in their 30s, Eu Jin is taking care of himself by having a carb-free diet – guess that is why the best Financial advice he has ever received is to “pay yourself first”.
- How much cash do you have in your wallet right now?
RM306 to be exact.
- What’s the best financial advice you have ever received?
There are a number of good ones but will probably go with “Pay yourself first.”. For example – Once your salary comes in, transfer across a fixed amount to a separate account where it should stay untouched (unless during extremely rainy days).
- What’s your most expensive purchase? That’s not a property or vehicle.
A device, among others, which tells the time – a watch.
- What did you spend your very first pay on?
Hearty ‘celebratory’ meal and drinks with friends & family. Can’t remember where though…
- Are you more of a spender or saver?
Honest answer would be Saver in mind, Spender at heart!
- Which do you use more often? Cash or card?
Card. Way more convenient, less messy and easier to track. Plus, it ties with our current business proposition!
- Do you own a property?
Yes, and more to come (hopefully).
- What’s the biggest financial mistake you’ve made?
‘Investing’ in the World Cup! It would’ve been a much better situation staying out of it rather than trying to be a fortune teller.
- Your most recent impulse buy is?
Flight tickets for a trip that hasn’t been planned. A “painful” impulse would tie back to #3.
- Do you have a retirement fund plan or EPF?
Yes. EPF funds are maintained as per usual while some are moved into different investment pots
The post How You Duit? – Eu Jin appeared first on Financial News and Advice in Malaysia.