As the name suggests, BPI Express Online is BPI’s online banking system that provides their clients an easy access and tools to monitor and manage their money. It’s a free service that their clients can easily access through an internet browser or by downloading the app. It aims to make banking a lot easier and more convenient for BPI account holders. The basic features of BPI Express Online Banking include the following:
- Balance inquiry
- Bill payment
- Fund transfers
- Access transaction history
BPI Express Online Banking and BPI Express LinkBPI Express Online is an internet-based cash management system of Bank of the Philippine Islands for their individual customers, while the BPI Express Link is designed for their corporate clients. The Express Link have most of the features of the Express Online, from online inquiry of deposit accounts' balances, data file transfers, to fund transfers. However, since the Express Link is tailored for their corporate clients, this system also have additional features designed to cater to the needs of corporate cash management such as payroll uploading, BIR tax payment, collection and payment transaction, etc. Basically, the Express Link is designed to achieve the benefits of work simplification via automated and straight-through processes, meanwhile the BPI Express Online is designed to achieve individual banking needs.
How to register and activate your accountBPI offers different types of banking product, from a variety of deposit accounts, to checking accounts and credit cards. Due to this, registration for a BPI Express Online account will vary according to the type of BPI banking product and sometimes the account holder’s location (overseas or within the Philippines). Depending on the type of BPI product that you won, registration will be as follows: 1. Go to bpiexpressonline.com. 2. Choose “Enroll Now” below the Online Banking Login button. 3. Provide the required information in the registration page. (You can also enroll additional accounts, third party accounts, loans, cards, and prepaid phones by indicating in the respective section in the online form). Then, click submit. Depending on the type of your BPI account, the succeeding steps are as follows:
ATM-based account – residing in the Philippines4. Go to a BPI ATM to complete the activation of your online banking account. 5. Insert your card and key in your pin 6. Go to Special Services > Activate >Enrollments Express Online 7. Wait for 5 minutes before accessing your online account.
ATM-based account – residing outside the Philippines4. A confirmation email together with a form will be sent to your registered email. 5. Print the form 6. Fill up form and sign. 7. Mail the completed form to: BPI Fulfillment Banking Department 9th Floor BPI Card Center 8753 Paseo de Roxas Makati City 1200, Philippines 8. An email advice will be sent to you once the processing of your request has been completed.
Passbook-based account4. A confirmation email together with a form will be sent to your registered email. 5. Print the form. 6. Fill up form and sign. 7. Mail the completed form to: BPI Fulfillment Banking Department 9th Floor BPI Card Center 8753 Paseo de Roxas Makati City 1200, Philippines 8. An email advice will be sent to you once the processing of your request has been completed.
Credit card account
- Go to bpiexpressonline.com
- Choose "Enroll Now" under Online Banking log in.
- Fill in the information needed in the registration page.
- After completing the procedure, login after 5 minutes.
BPI Express Online login procedureThere are two ways to access BPI express online - browser and app.
- Go to the website www.bpiexpressonline.com and then click "Online Banking Login."
- You will be taken the login page where you have to enter your user ID and password. Enter your login credentials then hit the submit button.
- Download “BPI Express Mobile” from PlayStore (Android) or AppStore (iOS).
- Once downloaded click on the app and it will take you to page with various menu/option. Click "Accounts."
- Enter your login credentials and tap the "login" button.
Online banking features and servicesBPI Express Online provides an all-in-one banking experience to their clients, which caters to almost all of their banking needs such as the following:
Investing onlineThis facility enables you to do investment transactions online anytime and anywhere. You can easily apply for an investment account, view your account information, or monitor your investment portfolio with ease. To get started with this feature, you must first open an investment account with BPI.
Online bills paymentBPI provides a quick and easy way to pay for products and services offered by their over 300 partner merchants. Their online Bills Payment service will give you the freedom to enjoy hassle-free transactions in the comfort of your home or office, or using your mobile device. It’s a convenient way to fulfill your financial obligations.
Timeslot reservationAvoid the long queues at the local BPI branch and fast track your banking transactions. BPI Express Assist (BEA) Online reserves a time slot for you so you can save more time. Submit all your branch transactions and get your queue number immediately and all you have to do is show up for your appointment and complete the transaction.
Online statement of accountTheir user-friendly banking platform allows you to view your statement of account online. This simplifies the process of managing your BPI investment, credit card, savings and checking account.
Funds transferYou may initiate funds transfer in real time or schedule transfers as you wish. Transferring money to another BPI or third party account is easy, however, there are separate steps for the mobile app and the browser.
Express Online browser: Transfer to enrolled accounts
- Log in to www.bpiexpressonline.com
- Click Funds Transfer & Exchange and a list of options will be shown as a drop-down items.
- Choose enroll-third party.
- Choose the enrollment method convenient for you.
- Fill in the information (Account Name and Account Number) of the third-party that you want to enroll.
- Submit the request and print.
Mobile app: Transfer to anyone
- Log in to the BPI Mobile Banking app.
- Select More > Enable Transfer to Anyone.
- Fill in the required fields, choose your preferred activation option and submit the request.
- If you choose Via Express Teller Machine, you will be asked to activate your request via any BPI ATM using the ATM card of the account you specified. Please do so within 5 days after filing the request.Select Special Services > Activate Enrollments > Online Banking. You will receive the activation code via email after 5 minutes.
- If you choose Via Signed Form, you will be sent an email with a request form attached.
- Print, fill it up, and sign the form. Forward the original document to:
- Once the bank has received your form, they will send you an email containing the activation code.
- Re-file the request via the BPI Mobile Banking app.
- If you're unable to file the request, or have NOT yet received the activation code within the set amount of time, call 89-100.
Email notificationsActivating this feature allows you to receive an email notification for every successful login to your account. This helps you monitor your own banking transactions and find out if anyone is trying to access your account.
ATM Withdrawal NotificationActivate ATM Withdrawal Notifications to secure your account and keep track of all the withdrawal transactions you make. Depending on your preferences, you may receive an SMS or email notification, or both. Getting a confirmation message about your withdrawal transaction to give you peace of mind. It also allows you to do the necessary action when an unauthorized person withdraws money from your ATM card.
Balance inquiry/Transaction historyTo easily check your account’s balance and transaction history, you must first register your account for BPI Express Online. Once you have done that, you can proceed to the following: Browser
- Go to
- Click on “Online Banking Login”
- After successfully logging in, you will be taken to your account page right away. It will display your accounts (if you have more than one) and show their balance.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon under the “More Options” column of the account that you want to access.
- You will be taken to a page where you can choose the range of date for your transaction history.
- Login to your account on your mobile app.
- Once successfully logged in, you will be taken to a page displaying your accounts (if you have more than one) and their corresponding balance.
- Tap on the account that you wish to view.
- The account page will have two tabs: Account Details and Transaction History.
- Tap on Transaction History to see all of your transactions.
BPI Express Online security featuresBPI adheres to the best security practices by using different tools, methods, and processes to protect the account information and banking transactions of their clients by implementing the following measure:
- Employing security products, such as intrusion detection system and firewalls, and other internal controls which are meant to safeguard, physically and logically, all our servers and information systems, including the data stored in their systems.
- Access to all of BPI's websites (BPI Express Online, BPI ExpressLink, and BPI Trade) is secured using Verisign's Security Certificate which enables SSL for end-to-end encryption and for clients to verify the authenticity of their sites.
- The use of USER ID and PASSWORD which are nominated by their client.
- Password Protection Features include:
- 6-12 alphanumeric characters.
- Prohibits reuse of previous 3 passwords.
- PW reset are subjected to strict verification or ATM authentication.
- Pre-enrollment with ATM/signature authentication.
- Log-off accounts that are inactive for 5 minutes.
- Pre-enrollment procedures for critical financial transactions - This is a pre-requisite procedure for critical transactions where clients nominate third party accounts through a signed application form and these are stored in BPI's enrollment database. Thus, during a funds transfer transaction, if the recipient/third party account is not found in BPI's enrollment database, Express Online will not complete the transaction.
- E-mail Confirmation/Alert - They also send clients a confirmation advice in their registered email address for every financial transaction done with BPI Express Online.
Should you sign up for a BPI Express Online account?Having a BPI Express Online account is a must nowadays. Not only will it make easier to manage and keep track of your money, it will also make financial transactions work a lot faster for you. Additionally, you can now do your bank transactions anywhere and anytime as long as you have a stable and secure internet and a smartphone or computer. However, despite BPI’s tight security feature, it’s still worth noting that we must always remain vigilant in keeping our financial transactions and credentials secure. When it comes to banking transactions, always remember the following:
- Don’t share your username and password to anyone.
- Be mindful of your surroundings when accessing your online account in public places like internet cafes or in the office.
- Always remember that banks will never ask your username and password.
- Beware of frauds or phishing mails pretending they’re from BPI express online or from any other banks asking for your credentials. Contact the bank right away!
The post Your Guide To Using The Bpi Express Online Banking Service appeared first on iMoney.ph.