Happy breaking fast, fellow Muslim friends!
When we break fast, it's good to have a hearty meal that's nutritious yet easy to prepare. They say eat a rainbow to get the best nutritions.
So do try my hearty Rainbow Chicken Stew. It's gluten free and dairy free too.
4 Chicken drumsticks (free range chicken)
1 large purple sweet potato
1 white radish
2 large carrots
1 large florelle pear
1.Marinate chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper, 2 tsps cumin powder and 1tsp turmeric powder.
2. Chop up the vegetables till bite size.
3. Heat up the pan with olive oil and sauté gently the onions and garlic till brown in low heat.
4. Add all your vegetables in and stir fry till they start to caramelise. Add salt and pepper to taste and a dash of balsamic vinegar.
5. When vegetables are browning, add in your chicken drumsticks and brown both sides.
6. Transfer all vegetables and drumsticks to casserole pan and add vegetable broth. I make mine from parboiling vegetables. All natural goodness. Put your casserole pan into the oven and set on high heat 200C for 15 minutes or till broth is boiling in pan.
7. Transfer the pan to upper rung of oven and bake for 20 minutes in medium heat. Bake till broth is reduced to about half.
8. Serve and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Bonus: it's really tasty and very easy to prepare. And very little washing to do.