Whenever rainy days come, all you hear is, “it’s boring…we can’t play outside…it’s all muddy…” and what not! Ever thought about turning these boring days in to awesome and fun-loaded days, where all you could do is enjoy the time playing with your kids at home?
With these in-house fun activities, steer clear of your kiddos’ boredom and let the fun begin!
- Indoor Treasure Hunt – This is one of the coolest hunting games you can play with your kids. Hide things around the house and encourage your children to find them. Add funny riddles and descriptions to help them find it and create curiosity in their minds. You can hide their favorite cookies, chocolates or their lego set, just to add more fun to it. You could even reward them with a ‘valuable’ gift or encourage them to create a winners’ acceptance speech! You will be encouraging them and preparing them for their future in a fun way.
- Indoor Bowling – Worry not if you do not have the required instruments for bowling! Use the plastic bottles and balls that you have at your home and start playing. While you play with these, try teaching your kids addition and subtraction through it!
- Balloon badminton – Let these old party balloons come in handy! Fill the air in those balloons and start playing badminton in the house. Don’t use the normal rackets as the balloon might burst; try playing it with hands or paper plates instead.
- Art and Craft time – Let them bring out their creative side when you indulge them in arts and crafts. You and your kids can paint, make clay pots, draw, color cartoons and more. It will help them to see their creative side and help them relax their minds.
- Create an Indoor Herb Garden – An Indoor Herb Garden is a really good way to engage your kids with nature and all of its offerings. Let them try their hand at it and plant some herbs in the mason jars. It will help you to have the natural access to herbs for a long time and your kids will also be very proud to eat the herbs that they planted themselves.
- The furniture lava game – Create an imaginary situation as if there’s lava on the floor and adjust your furniture in a compact way. Tell your kids that they can’t step on the floor but will have to pass through the passage-ways. Let those bodies’ stretch and have fun but don’t forget to put cushions and pillows on the floor for your kids’ safety.
- Build a cozy fort – What could be more awesome than having your own fort? Build a fort with bedsheets, clips and pillows – add lights around it for ambiance. Make space for good books and hot chocolate – it surely will be an ideal way to play indoors!
These were a few awesome indoor activities to keep your kids happy and boredom free on a rainy day. If you are looking for programs and locations to visit during rainy days, check out iQuriousKids.com!