Winter has set in. While it might sound like a good idea to be all snugly with your little one in warm Winter gear, you may want to take some extra precautions to keep your baby’s and your Skin well-nourished and conditioned during winters. Here are a few quick tips for skincare for you and your little one this season:
- Avoid harsh detergents. The last thing you want to do in winters is using harsh soaps on your baby or you. The harsh detergents in body soaps or washes include sulfates that can strip your skin of natural oils.
You might want to use that perfect soap for your baby that prevents drying of skin and nourishes it at the same time. Himalaya brings you its Gentle Baby Soap. Rich in olive oil and vitamin E, Himalaya’s Gentle Baby Soap protects, nourishes and softens skin, while also preventing chafing. It keeps your baby’s skin healthy and soft. Almond oil moisturizes your baby’s skin and makes and excellent softener.
Himalaya’s Extra Moisturizing Baby soap has been formulated to control xerosis or excessively dry skin in babies. It contains the goodness of olive oil, vitamin E, almond oil, Indian aloe and milk.
- Massage time with your baby is a fun time. You can play around with your little one just as much as you can care for her skin and overall growth. Massaging keeps your baby’s skin supple and soft. It is as essential to you as it is for your baby. In addition to keeping your skin moist, it relaxes your sore body. However, you want to use oils that are universally good, are non-staining, clinically proven and preserve your baby’s natural skin condition.
Himalaya brings you Baby Massage Oil that is good for use on a regular basis. The goodness of olive oil and winter cherry, which are the main constituents of the Baby Massage Oil help in improving your baby’s development and growth. The combination of these oils has been clinically proven and is known to be mild on your little one’s skin. It could either be used before bathing or as a moisturizer bathing.
- Some mothers prefer bath gels to soaps. When it comes to your baby, a bath gel can be a wise choice as long as it can cleanse your newborn’s skin gently while also conditioning it. Himalaya’s Gentle Baby Bath has the natural goodness of green gram, fenugreek, and chickpea.
- Apply lotion or baby skin cream soon after you pat dry your baby after the bath. Himalaya Baby Lotion has olive oil and is enriched with vitamin E. It has soothing properties, which keep baby’s skin healthy and soft. Himalaya Baby Cream helps preserve the natural softness of your baby’s tender skin, and yours too.
- Lip and cheek care are essential during winters as lips are susceptible to getting parched this season. Check for your baby’s lips and cheeks every once in two to three hours. Himalaya’s Lip Balm is rich in Sweet Indrajao which has powerful antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties blended with the wonders of castor oil, coconut oil, wheat germ oil and carrot seed oil.
- You might experience dryness of the nostrils during winters. You can avoid this by using Himalaya Pain Ointment Cold Cream, which helps in avoiding dry, painful nostrils.
- Give warm baths to your baby every day during winters. However, take care that the water isn’t too hot as it might erode the natural oils from the skin. Also, don’t expose your baby for too long in water. Pat dry your baby as soon as you take him out of the bath. Avoid prolonged showers as well.
Himalaya has a range of shampoos for you and your baby, be it Extra Moisturizing, Softness and Shine or Soothing and Mositurizing for you or the Gentle Baby Shampoo for your little one.
So, your winter care begins and ends with Himalaya. This season, bring the entire body and hair care range of Himalaya and you will not complain about the winters anymore.
The post Winter Skincare 101 For You And Your Little One appeared first on MomJunction.