Looking for a fun an easy Halloween craft? I had a great time with my mom, @drdi painting pumpkins this week!
We used Craft Store Pumpkins because they are cheap and we can bring them out every year!
This project was inspired by the tutorial on The House that Lars Built blog.
- Fake craft store pumpkins (or real pumpkins if that’s what you prefer)
- Bulls-eye primer spray paint (we love this primer, it helps the paint go on so easily) With this primer, you will only need one coat of paint.
- Sharpie (to draw face details)
- Acrylic Paint
- Printable stencils from The House that Lars Built Tutorial (we didn’t use the stencils, but I am sure they would be fantastic).
- Cover the pumpkins with the bulls eye spray paint primer (do this outside). It takes about 10-15 min to dry. Then we turn it over and pain the bottom.
- Paint the pumpkin your desired color. We mixed paint colors with white to make pastels.
- Let try (or use a hair dryer.
- Add face details using a pencil first, then sharpie. We used paint for lips and cheeks.