If you’re looking for a chocolate treat with a spicy twist, then I invite you to try hot chili chocolate. It’s just as yummy as it is spicy, but it also packs a healthy punch. With only four ingredients, this will be a treat you’ll want to have time and time again.
Health Benefits of Hot Chili Chocolate
The main ingredient in this recipe is the chocolate protein powder that you can get in either vegan or whey form. While both of these are ideal meal replacements that promote healthy weight loss, hunger control, and digestive support, they each carry slightly different benefits.
Vegan Protein-Rich Chocolate Powder
If you live a vegan lifestyle, it may seem difficult to get the vitamins and nutrients your body needs to thrive. Luckily, this protein powder features all the things your body needs:
- 20 grams of protein from Pea, Rice, and Ancient Grains (Sacha Inchi, Amaranth, Quinoa, Buckwheat, Millet, Chia)
- Contains all 9 essential amino acids plus digestive enzymes
- Contains 5 grams of dietary fiber including prebiotic fiber, to support digestion and gut health
- Powered with highly bioavailable forms of 23 vitamins and minerals including Folate (L-methylfolate calcium), Calcium, Zinc, Vitamins A, C, E, and more
- Contains plant-based Omega-3 fatty acids
There are no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, and preservatives, and it does not contain soy, gluten or dairy.
Whey Protein-Rich Chocolate Powder
This protein-powder is soy-free, gluten-free, and has health-benefiting features, such as:
- 15 grams of rBGH-Free whey protein, to support lean muscle
- 24 grams of protein when prepared as directed
- Complete amino acid profile (including essential branched chain amino acids like leucine, isoleucine, and valine)
- Supports gut and digestive health with prebiotic fiber and digestive enzymes
- Contains bioavailable forms of 23 vitamins and minerals
- Highly bioavailable folate (L-methylfolate calcium)
- Contains digestive enzymes to aid in the digestion of whey protein
- 5 grams of fiber, including prebiotic fiber to support digestive health
You also don’t have to worry about any artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives because there are none!
Part of the heat in this Hot Chili Chocolate recipe is the cayenne pepper, which also carries a slew of health benefits. For starter, cayenne pepper is known to possibly boost your metabolism and aid in reducing hunger. In addition, it may lower blood-pressure, help relieve pain, and improve psoriasis. The best part is it’s easy to add to your diet, like in this tasty beverage!
Red Chili Powder
Have you ever thought of the health benefits of red chili powder? Beyond adding another dose of heat to any dish, it’s also known to promote digestive health and aid in weight loss. These side effects go hand in hand with all other ingredients in this recipe making it a win-win combination!
4-Ingredient Hot Chili Chocolate
Grab your favorite mug and the ingredients below for the easiest hot Chili Chocolate recipe ever!
- 1 cup milk*
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper (adjust more or less to taste)
If you prefer (and for easier mixing), heat milk just before boiling. Add the chocolate protein powder, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Stir until all ingredients are mixed well. Enjoy!
*You can substitute regular milk for almond, coconut, etc. It will change the flavor just a bit. Also consider adding other spices such as cinnamon and vanilla.
Want to try another healthy beverage? Here’s a recipe for Frosted Gingerbread Tea!
The post Protein-Rich Hot Chili Chocolate appeared first on A Mama's Story.