Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is often pinned down for being too predictable – with her sartorial choices, that is. Never forget, though, if there is anyone who has been there and done that (and what not), it’s her. Long before the Cannes Film Festival became an annual event for fashion enthusiasts, the Actress slayed the red carpet. Sure, some of her choices have been questionable, but hey, we all learn.
Curated from idiva.com
Over the years, Aishwarya has developed a signature style – classic, comfy and as her critics like to call it, safe. By her own confession, the mother of one likes to keep her style “eternal”. That’s not to say that she steers clears of risks. Never forget that the glamazon walked the Cannes 2012 red carpet, full-bodied and fierce, right after she delivered a baby. The former Miss World sure can take a risk. Which is what the she has done throughout the year.
From her Internet-breaking appearances at Cannes to befriending the thigh-high slit, Aaradhya’s mom gave us a peek into her braver self. And, as usual, we are here for it.
Browse these spectacular fashion moments and let them inspire you to take a (calculated) risk.
1. First up is the iconic moment of the year: Bollywood’s #1 looked like a modern-day Kween in a powder blue Michael Cinco gown and Ferragamo shoes. FYI, The world’s most beautiful woman had a team at her… errm… gown’s beck and call. Not just that, there was a stretch limousine to drop her to the venue. Sigh.
2. For another appearance at Cannes, she walked the carpet in a red gown by Ralph and Russo. Aishwarya looked stunning, doing her usual statement-lip-snatch-hair-big-lashes routine.
3. Closer home, for an awards night, she chose a black gown, possibly channelling her role as (and in) The Mistress Of Spices. The fully sheer, and embroidered, Number by Malan Breton came with a slip that ended inches above the knee, a rather modest V-neck and a trail, the likes of which Aishwarya is a renowned pro at tackling. With cascading feather sleeves that evoked more drama than Hrithik-Kangana’s feud in the past months, Aishwarya legit entered with an imaginary throne.
4. For the Vogue Beauty Awards 2017, the actress put on a number fit for international photo ops. Designed by Istanbul designer Nedret Taciroglu, the black lace dress featured details that Aishwarya is world-famous for pulling off – off-the-shoulder neckline, sheer bodice, body-hugging fit and pageant-y ruffles. The actress sported retro curls, a strong lash game and bright red lip. Save for studs, the actress went the minimal route in jewellery. Pointed-toe-pumps from Jimmy Choo matched her go-to red lip.
5. The actress was recently papped while on her way Karan Johar’s Christmas party. Wearing a strappy, striped gown, the mother of one walked the walk while not once letting go of her award-winning posture. The Hussein Bazaza number was an unexpected pick.
The stripes, strategically placed, were tailor-made for the bodacious actress. Calling it – this is the most figure-flattering look on Ash that we’ve seen in a while.
6. Lastly, 2017 was the year Ash brought bodycon back. For a recent outing, she skipped on all the predictable silhouettes. Instead, she chose a Bibhu Mohapatra bodycon – a black form-fitting number that was oh-so-snug.
The cold-shoulder dress proved that Ash can still slay tight-fitting numbers. Oh and this was also the time she debuted her fierce red mane. What did we say? Year of risks!
Feature image source: Hidustantimes.com