Pregnancy can take a toll on a woman’s body. The shape and appearance of a woman’s body deviate a lot from their pre-pregnancy state. One of the first things that most of the new mothers long for or misses is their beautiful and well-maintained body prior to their pregnancy. They used to choose a healthy regimen of diet and exercise to go back to their normal weight and shape.
However, quite recently a trend has evolved among the new mothers. It is sweetly called “Mommy makeover”. It basically is a plastic surgery Procedure that restores a woman’s post-pregnancy body issues in a single-session surgery.
According to plastic surgery experts, a growing number of women are undergoing Mommy makeovers. Owing to its high demand, some upper-class hospitals are offering it as a part of the pregnancy package as well.
What is Mommy makeover?
Mommy makeover is basically a cosmetic procedure, which helps to restore a woman’s pre-baby shape or even restore with some improvement upon it through personalized surgical procedures for the face, breasts and body, mostly, the breasts, abdomen, waist, genitalia, and buttocks.
What are the procedures in a mommy makeover?
Not necessarily all the following procedures will be done at once. The procedure will be selected on the basis of several factors like requirement, the age, budget, etc. However, the usual procedure involved in mommy makeover includes:
Breast augmentation is a cosmetic surgery procedure to enlarge the size of the breast and improve breast shape, usually by inserting silicone or saline breast implants.
A breast lift helps to regain the firmness and elegant shape of the floppy breasts by removing surplus, lingering skin, by reforming the breast tissue and lifting the nipple & areola into a more frontward position.
Liposuction is a surgical technique that helps to increase the body’s shape by removing excess fat from the fat deposits located between the skin and muscle.
A tummy tuck reshapes and makes the abdominal area more firm. During the procedure, the abdominal muscles are tightened. After that the excess, sagging skin is removed. This will rectify the overhanging belly by leaving the midsection flatter and better toned.
Vaginal rejuvenation procedures trim down, restructure or make tighter the female genital tissues to restore a firmer tone, giving it a younger and proportioned look.
How long is the recovery period?
Usually, the recovery period after the mommy makeover is approximately three weeks. After that time, the mother will be able to engage in normal chores. However, maximum by around six weeks, she will be fully recovered and can even able to resume her usual exercise regimen.
When should the mother undergo mommy makeover?
Deciding the ideal time for a mommy makeover is generally an individual choice between the patient and surgeon. Be that as it may, there are certain factors to think about while selecting the time and procedures for the mommy makeover. The doctor will consider whether,
- The woman is fully recovered from the impacts of childbirth
- The woman has some person to help her with the child during the postoperative days as she will be not allowed to lift weights or strain her body.
- The woman is still breastfeeding. In that case, the surgeon will ask the women to wait for the makeover at least six months after stopping the breastfeeding, provided she needs the breast lift or breast augmentation. This is because it is only after that period the breasts will go back to its constant position, size, and shape.
- The woman finished with giving birth. If the woman intended to have more kids, the surgeon usually suggests undergoing the surgical procedure only after deciding no more pregnancies. For the time being, he would suggest nonsurgical body contouring and skin treatments.
What are the complications in mommy makeover?
- The goal of Mommy Makeovers is to rectify the pregnancy-related changes in both the breasts and the tummy. Therefore, they are basically performing multiple procedures in one surgical session. The combining procedures, obviously, lead to longer surgery time and increases the risk of complications.
- The patient is under general anesthesia for long period alone, is a matter of concern.
- Due to multiple surgical procedures, the postoperative period will be very painful for the majority of women. In fact, some women report the pain is unbearable.
What is the nonsurgical mommy makeover procedure?
Even if not give a perfect result as the surgical mommy makeover, the Nonsurgical Mommy Makeover will give the mother significant improvement in her looks as well.
Some women prefer nonsurgical mommy makeover procedure if,
- They are planning more pregnancies and deliveries
- They have no much time to spend for the recovery period
- They need ‘less pain’ procedure
The nonsurgical mommy makeover procedure includes
- Nonsurgical fat reduction
- Botox & dermal fillers
- Nonsurgical feminine rejuvenation
- Cellulite reduction
- Skin resurfacing treatments
- Skin tightening treatments