Article marketing is the term used for creating content (articles) with the aim of growing a brand or service (marketing), ideally resulting in more brand awareness and more visitors to your website.
It sounds simple, right? However due to the increasing amount of content being published online every single day, it’s becoming harder and harder to stand out.
Top 10 tips for successful article marketing
Using these powerful top 10 tips to guarantee successful article marketing will not only enable you to craft amazing content but gain traffic like you would never imagine.
1. Craft large articles – The more unique and detailed content you can provide your audience the more likely people will read and share. Research shows that articles between 3,000 to 10,000 words get shared on average 8,859 times.
2. Ensure articles are very unique – When crafting content don’t use other sites as a template or take content from elsewhere. Create your own content from scratch and research. However when you come to create your content do so from a blank page.
3. Write about something you love – Article marketing should be easy, if you are writing about something you love, are passionate about and is genuinely a hobby, the content will almost write itself. Make content creation a joy by writing about subjects you love.
4. Increase the quality – Ask yourself, why would somebody want to read this content? Hopefully you have fully researched the topic, have a deep understanding of the subject or can communicate the information in a fun and enjoyable way? If not, perhaps you need to perform more research before stating to craft your content.
5. Write about niche topics for maximum exposure – When crafting content pick a subject that is very specific, something people will be searching for.These will gain more shares and visitors than something broad, “Writing Article Content” which will have likely been written about many times before and it will be harder to create something unique that stands out.
6. Write for your readers – When creating content, focus on who will be reading it, who is your target audience? One common mistake people make is writing for search engines. Forget keyword research, keyword stuffing and other ‘SEO’ techniques and focus on writing good quality content you can be proud of.
7. Encourage sharing – The number of shares is your gauge as to how good your content is. The more shares you can get, the more visitors it will attract and the higher up the ranking it will become. Ensure you share you own articles across your social media profiles.
8. Encourage commenting – If people are commenting on your content, asking questions and engaging, this is a very positive sign. Not only does it mean your content has engaged readers but it also gives you an opportunity to expand on the topic. This is great for readers and the more content your articles have, the more likely they will be shared. Remember to ask your readers to ask questions in the comments box below the article.
9. Use basic formatting – There is nothing more off putting then visiting an article and being greeted with a wall of text. Help your readers engage with your content by using basic formatting, use short paragraphs, break up the text with titles, use bolding to highlight key text and break content into bullets or numbered points.
10. Embed cool content – Make your articles stand out from the crowd by breaking up the text with images (pinterest, instagram), small comments (twitter), conversations (facebook), videos (youtube) and other embeddable content. This will help your readers stay engaged and allows you to bring other people’s work into your content.
You can use these 10 tips for your successful article marketing. Also you can search on search engines for more tips and tricks to promote your articles and your brand, business.