Ask anyone who has an online Store, what the competition is like. Nine times out of ten, every seller you ask will say that competition is very high, and survival is tough.
When faced with scenarios like these, sellers look for additional avenues to sell their products. That is where third party market places like Ebay, Amazon, Newegg, and other similar portals come in. These portals provide sellers with an online store, from where they can list and sell products online - irrespective of whether they have a website or not.
eBay provides consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales services via the internet with the aim of creating a "perfect market". eBay does not sell any products itself, instead it allows sellers to create an account and then list and sell products through competitive auctions and fixed-priced storefronts over the eBay platform. eBay also provides account holders with the control of their store fronts, allowing them to customize the storefront to reflect the brand the sellers promotes; just like how a brick and mortar store owner would do to create an eye-catching storefront display. Over the years, eBay has emerged as a force to reckon with, and boasts of having customers from over two dozen countries worldwide.
eBay allows store sellers to customize their store, allowing them to build completely customized pages using HTML. That means that the storeowner has the liberty to be creative while designing HTML layouts to enhance the look and feel of the store home page, Store policies pages, and the product description area. They can also customize their store categories and add promotion boxes with the aim to enhance functionality and usability. eBay also allows them to take additional advantage , by allowing them to optimizing their product details, in a way that is friendly to the eBay's onsite search engine.
Let us take a close look at the basic and perhaps the most essential features that go a long way in generating the most possible benefits for merchants, and that one must incorporate in the design of custom eBay stores:
- Billboard Banner: The billboard banner is perhaps the largest banner on the landing page of your eBay store. The banner is essential as it provides space where the store can customize an image to for represent the brand and displaying any unique feature or offer on your store.
- Logo: Your logo is symbolical, and serves as an indicator of your individual branding and the quality benchmarks that you adhere to.
- Store narrative: Is space where you can give a brief description about your stores and the items on sale therein.
- Featured items on store: Highlights a particular list of specialized products, with larger images, for better visibility.
- Store category: Customized categories act as aisles and shelves of your store and are essential for maintaining an organized listing of the items available from your store.
- Search box: The search box aims to provide customers with a way to search for products, without leaving your store.
- Newsletter signing up option: These eBay newsletters help interested customers remain updated about the latest products and offers from your store.
- 'Follow' option: If a user clicks on this option, your store’s products will appear on his home page for others to see and buy.
- Option for sharing on social media: This is another effective mode for promoting your products; by sharing them on your social media.
- Larger image: Larger images show off the products that you want to focus upon while selling online.
Here are some additional points to keep in mind while customizing the look and feel of your Ebay Store, and that would help you get the customization you need to increase your sales on your eBay store
1. The Logo is Omnipresent on the Website
An eBay store that is without a customized design fails to have a logo dominating the customers’ online shopping journey. Well, generalized stores have a nice depiction of their features through a logo; but as soon as the customer clicks on a product, the logo is gone. On the other hand, in the customized version of eBay stores, all customers gain the feel of being on a branded store continuously, regardless of whether they are shopping or simply browsing the products on sale.
2. Makes Shopping Experiences Easy and Comfortable for Customers
You can never read the minds of your customers accurately, can you? Therefore, it would always be better to present them with a wide listing of several products to choose from. Custom eBay stores allow you to provide side and top navigation bars that make it convenient for customers to navigate your store with ease, and get fast results to their search queries for products. Icons for shipment and payment modes are also available. Once customers start exploring these navigation tools, rest assured, they will end up spending a lot of time on your eBay store.
3. Provides the Opportunity of Being Unique in the Industry
As a genuine seller, you know that the products that you are selling are unique in nature. However, at the end of the day, an entrepreneur or brand requires to be unique in order to entice customers and ultimately sell them products. Custom Ebay Stores are uniquely designed to offer you an edge over your competitors. Here, you can definitely enjoy some smart and unique tools for selling smartly and for answering customers’ queries quickly.
4. Gives you a Chance to be selected as one of the Favorites by your Customers
With customization, you develop a better chance of serving your customers’ needs and demands to the hilt. When your customers find that they are being served with their exact requirements, they would visit the store repeatedly and would even suggest your store to others. The looks generated by Custom Ebay stores are a perfect blend of professionalism and trustworthiness. So, your customers would trust you and feel more comfortable while shopping online on your store. The crisp and smart looks of your custom eBay store, accompanied by a professional outlook such as access to official newsletters, go a long way in getting you tagged as a favorite by customers.
Are you still wondering about switching to a custom eBay store? Believe us, it would be a wise and profitable investment. The act would help you get more customers to your store will keep them visiting repeatedly for a long time to come. These customized outlets have the competence to provide you with the tag of being one of the best stores worldwide – go for them!