Present DMK president and former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, M.Karunanidhi has been admitted to the hospital back to back 3 times in last one week and it is said that he is in the Intensive care unit of the Kauvery Hospital.
The Hospital sources say that he was admitted first due to respiration problems and for the second time due to drop in the BP levels. Now, the hospital sources say, his BP has stabilized and he continues to be monitored and treated by the expert doctors.
In course of this difficult time of his, let us see what this senior most politician has done to the people of Tamil Nadu.
Top 10 Records Set By Karunanidhi
1. Only Indian Politician to lead a party (DMK) for 50 years.
2. He entered politics at the young age of 14 years
3. He is the 2nd film screenwriter who went on to become a Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu (1st being Anna Durai)
4.Longest serving chief minister of Tamil Nadu – 5 times with 6,863 days in the office.
5. He is one of the senior most active politicians in the country, he is aged 94 years
6. He has seen all forms of evolution in media – Handwritten newspaper ‘Manavar Nesan’ (He wrote and circulated), Printed and circulated, Broadcasting news channels (His Sun TV and Kalinger TV) and Now Sun Web media and Apps.
7. He is an active politician ever since the Tamil Nadu State is formed (1956 – after bifurcation of states based on Language)
8. He has been elected 13 times to the Tamil Nadu state Assembly and never lost his seat at least once (1957 – 2016).
9. One of the most alleged politician to support Nepotism in Politics
(All his family members either directly or indirectly hold the key positions in Tamil Nadu Politics and businesses) and he married thrice.
10. He was listed at second place in the Time Magazines “Top 10 Abused Power List”