‘Shubh Mangal Saavdhan’ is an Indian Hindi Film released in September 2017. It is a comedy-drama related to love, marriage and sex issue of a couple. The film was directed by RS Prasanna and was produced by Aanand L Rai. The lead roles are played by Ayushmanm Khurrana and Bhumi Pednekar. The trailer for the film was released on August 1, 2017, and got a good response.
Some of the interesting facts about this movie:
• ‘Shubh Mangal Saavdhan’ is the remake of Tamil film ‘Kalyana Samayal Saadham,’ which is directed by the same director RS Prasanna. It was in the year 2013 in Tamil and was a commercial success at the box office.
• The producer of this movie Aanand L Rai is popular for making romantic comedy movies such as Tanu Weds Manu, Ranjhna etc
• The lead pair of this film Ayushmann and Bhumi have been a hit pair earlier in the film ‘Dum Lagake Haisha’
• This is one of the rare films that talk about the hidden problem of ‘Erectile Dysfunction’ in men. The story revolves around this problem as a hero and the family members try to find a solution to this issue.
• The film and its trailer show some weird semi-sexual dialogues between the heroine and her mother, as the latter tries to explain about the female body to her daughter.
• The lead role Mudit played by Ayushmann gets intimate with the heroine in a scene but moves away leaving her. It’s rare to show a hero with erectile dysfunction in a film, unlike the regular films where the hero is always shown as a macho man.
• The film Shubh Mangal Saavdhan was made with a budget of Rs 25 crore.
• The film was released worldwide on 1650 screens. 1400 domestic and 250 overseas screens.
• The Movie has collected Rs 64.54 crore worldwide at the box offices. Out of which Rs 59.88 crore was collected domestically. The rest Rs 14.66 crore was collected abroad.
• The film was filmed mainly in Delhi. Other places included for shooting were Hrishikesh and Haridwar.
• This film has also come with a backdrop of Uttar Pradesh which seems to have become the flavor the movies made in 2017. Films such as Badrinath ki Dulhania, Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, Bareilly ki Barfi and Lucknow Central etc were made in the backdrop of Uttar Pradesh as well.
• Ayushman Khurrana, the hero of the movie shared the comment posted by his fan saying that ‘He donated so much sperm that now he can’t get it up.’
• The film received a mixed response in some cities. It has got a good response from the youth. The film has been successful in entertaining the audience moderately.