Constantly changing the face of Technology Marketing is making marketers try to achieve success in an aimless manner with no particular brand identity for customers to associate with. Continuous and cut-throat competition, using various digital tools, may drive an increased audience to your website but the same has also shown that you could lose customers forever, permanently damaging your brand image. Brand identity is an important feature when it comes to customer engagement and business around the globe tend to forget this. To establish this kind of uniqueness you need to focus on the fact that often digital marketing tools are dependent on each other and various other mediums. Here, we have listed 6 Cross Device Customer Engagement Strategies that you can use to enhance your relation with your customers.
1. Mobile Push Notifications – Usable on all devices, mobile push notifications are messages that appear on your home screen, sent from an installed application. It lets you know about the different sales happening on the application, unlike emails, it has a higher delivery rate as messages do not bounce or go to spam. Push Notifications gives a detailed analytics of user behavior pattern. This enables you to send customized notifications to targeted users based on their locations, items searched regularly, and other such metrics which was previously unavailable. Flipkart made the most of this technology in 2014 with a flash sale campaign on electronics. They would not let consumers purchase any product via mobile phones until their application was installed. This automatically gathered them a large user base that had their app installed and also a wider lead base. Sending Mobile Push Notifications thus became the perfect tool for them to retain, interact and have constant positive engagement with customers. Drawback- if the customer starts to consider this as an invasion of privacy then they are forever lost and hardly return to the brand.
2. Web Push Notification – A year ago Google Chrome introduced marketers to Web Push, removing the dependency on installing an application to send notifications. It functions exactly like a Mobile Push, however, the messages are sent from a website to the user device even when the user is unavailable on the page. Clicking on the notification sent directs the user to the exact page from where the notification has been sent from. This has been seen as a highly beneficial tool especially for bloggers and new product launches. Though a nascent technology in its field, it has seen faster and 8X longer retention rate and real-time engagement than any other marketing medium. With the latest feature of adding images to these messages (like the one provided by NotifyVisitors) their performance in digital marketing only seems to be moving uphill as long as marketers do not overdo it.
Tutorial to Integrate Web Push Notifications.
3. Web Banner or Pop-Up Notifications– These notifications like the name suggests pops up on a website when someone visits or performs a particular action on the web page. It acts as a perfect bait to generate higher sales revenue by sending voucher codes to visitors on performing particular actions or after a particular time on the page. Research has shown that majority of online consumers act on impulse and this medium has proven to have 13X more efficiency in generating instant sales reaction from visitors. On the down side, many tech savvy users get annoyed on viewing pop-ups and leave the website immediately. (Ask to opt-in for Web Push)
4. Mobile in-App Messaging – There are two kinds of Mobile in-app messaging:
• Mobile In-App Banners – It is used to engage customers on the application or as “call-to-action”. An in-App banner lets the user know about the new features that have taken place inside the app once it is updated. Eg, when Instagram updated the story feature; it used banners to convey how a story is made. Similarly, in a game, when a banner appears asking the gamer to buy lives or make a purchase through a click. Even allowing an application to send notification is done through the same.
• Mobile In-App Feedback/Survey– It is used for interaction with the user. It appears when the Application wants an input. Eg, when a product that the user is searching is not available, the app sends a box asking for email ID so that they get an update when the item is made available. Any kind of message box asking for an input from the user is considered as a feedback or survey in an app. Note- it does not direct you to PlayStore or any other third medium but conducts the survey inside the mobile application.
5. Web Feedback Survey – Feedbacks and survey are the best way to understand why and how customers like to engage with a brand. The main aim of using feedback surveys by most sites is to collect as many customer responses and details as possible. Thus even if they opt-out from your push messages you have a way to retain them. This kind of retention usually takes more than 90- days but mostly through campaigns and by creating a sense of urgency businesses can trace them back to the website. Most of all it shows that the brand is open to criticism and improvement.
6. Progressive Web App – As developers would say; it is a perfect amalgamation of mobile applications and websites. It looks like a native application on the device but behaves like a website. On an average, individuals use 4X websites than mobile applications. And 80% of our total net interaction happens on mobile applications. These are easy discover and are highly engaging as notifications direct users to the website and not on different sources, work with low internet, easy to install and safe. It will soon replace the tradition digital tool- mobile applications.
Why Progressive Web Apps are Safe and Reliable.
On an average, marketers are yet to exploit the use these technical tools. Hence, the market that does use them is very limited. Currently customers are loving tools like Push messages; however, soon enough they will get sick of it. Before your competitors make the most of these tools ensure that you get hole of it. To know more or for technical assistance visit https://www.notifyvisitors.com/.
The post 6 Strategies To Enhance Your Customer Engagement appeared first on .
This post first appeared on Boost Your Customer Engagement With Web Push Notifications, please read the originial post: here