Many countries have prompted their citizens to use plug-in electric vehicles (EVs) by announcing tax reduction and incentive plans and investing a lot to adopt the appropriate infrastructure to promote EVs in their respective regions. They have also initiated plenty of plans and strategies to promote emission-free vehicles. Growing environmental concerns made them take steps to Reduce Air Pollution and save fossil fuel.
Recently, the UK government has launched a strategy named “Road to Zero” as a way to lead the world in adopting the zero-emission technology. By 2030, they want to see at least half of the new cars on road must be ultra low emission. As they have planned to invest £1.5 billion in achieving their mission, the Road to Zero Strategy comprises a few measures such as:
- To expand the plug-in network, they will enforce rules to install charge points in the newly built houses, wherever necessary, and new lampposts will be installed to include charging points.
- A £400 million Charging Infrastructure Investment Fund will be launched to enhance the infrastructure that can support zero-emission vehicles.
- A new programme worth £40 million will be initiated to develop low-cost, innovative wireless charging technology.
- Through the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme, an incentive plan of giving £500 to EV owners will be started to install charge point in their homes. And it also enforces workplaces to install charge points to help people charge when they are at work.
- Plug-in Car and Van Grant will be extended till October 2018 to help EV buyers save a significant amount when they buy EVs.
- Above all, an Electric Vehicle Energy Taskforce will be launched to bring the automotive and energy industries together to increase the demand for energy infrastructure as a plan to increase the use of EVs.
We are driving our mother earth toward a destructive path by using vehicles that emit carbon and other toxic substances and using the non-renewable resources in plenty for our day-to-day travel needs. The only way to save the world is to use emission-free vehicles and reduce air pollution. Such reformative initiatives by the UK will put them at the forefront in revolutionizing the future transportation. Just like the UK, the government of all countries should take initiatives to support this cause in claiming human rights to breathe clean air.
Government launches road to zero strategy to lead the world in zero emission vehicle technology
This post first appeared on How Digital Marketing Benefits Your Business | NDOT, please read the originial post: here