Instant action is the essence of every Police department, for they are the deciding factor between a life saved or lost. Like every caped superhero, these real-life crime fighters are also in need of some assistance.
Today’s technological advancements have equipped the police departments across the world with innovative solutions for accelerated response time, improved public safety measures and strengthened communication.
Operation: Digital Transformation
The intelligence-sharing and communication methods used by law enforcement off late are struggling to keep up with the pace of today’s real world events. Let’s illustrate this with two situations.
Say, a police dispatcher receives a call regarding a civilian being gunned down in the neighbourhood. Usually, this is followed by the dispatcher connecting with nearby police officers and transferring the information and location details by word-of-mouth. The available officer then visits the crime scene and reports back to his head. The reports are filed which are at times difficult to locate, crumbled or lost.
With an instant messaging and collaboration tool in place, civilians can instantly chat or send photos regarding an incident to the dispatcher, who in turn forwards the same to the team along with the location. Using the GPS location tracking and real-time information, the officer-in-charge can analyse and comprehend the situation and simultaneously collaborate with his head for inputs. And in the future, the police department can go back and check the digital records for any further investigation.
Here’s how EngageDots and its distinctive features help fight crime.
- Stay connected with communication channels dedicated to different groups such as narcotics, crimes, homicide and city-wide intel using voice note, video conferencing and file sharing features.
- Handle specific crimes involving different departments, all within one communication channel.
- Track and share intelligence regarding suspicious activities and track suspects travelling multiple geographical areas by collaborating with different city police departments.
- Build a stronger public communication channel and allow instant messaging for providing a quick response.
- Improve citizen safety measures by notifying police officers regarding any community events.
- Organised storage of time-sensitive information and reports to help build a better case against felonies.
Take a look at the video below to quickly understand how EngageDots provided an instrumental solution to the Madhya Pradesh Police department.
With real-time communication and various impactful features, collaborative tools like Engagedots can be a life-changing solution for police departments and law enforcement agencies.
The post Keeping the city safe with EngageDots appeared first on Engagedots.
This post first appeared on How Digital Marketing Benefits Your Business | NDOT, please read the originial post: here