Transformers: The Last Knight is still filming, but it’s never too early to start showing off the vehicles and robots.
Michael Bay – my personal sworn enemy… even if he doesn’t know it – is hard at work on the fifth Transformers film and he has begun showing off some of the real world vehicles and concept art for the robot modes. Nothing is too surprising, but lets run down the real world vehicle modes.
- Bumblebee changes vehicle mode in every film.
- Onslaught (green truck) is a new Decepticon. In the original toy line a Decepticon by that name was a member of the combiner team known as the Combaticons, but that doesn’t mean the same thing will happen in the film.
- Barricade (police car) is back… after poor editing in the first film left you scratching your head where in the heck he ended up.
- Drift, the samurai Autobot, is back, but with a new alt mode.
Now on to the robot concept modes.
- Bumblebee looks like… Bumblebee. Well, at least the Michael Bay version of him.
- Hot Rod is new to the film series and I’ll be curious if they are going to be following a portion of the only good Transformers movie, the 1986 animated film.
- Drift… changed colors. Good for him.
- Crosshairs looks pretty much the same to me.
- Hound also doesn’t look changed much.
- Sqweeks… dammit, Bay. Why?
- Megatron is back, which makes no sense.
- Barricade seems to have gone through some upgrades since we last saw him.
There are sure more to be included, but that’s where we stand at the moment on the lineup for the fifth Transformers films.
Transformers: The Last Knight will be released on June 23, 2017.