The winners for the 36th annual Razzie Awards have been announced, and it is a cavalcade of horrible films and acting.
As tradition has it, the night before the Oscars, the “winners” of the Razzie Awards are announced. Celebrating the Worst in film for the past year, it’s always a fun time to see what truly was the worst films at the cineplex this year.
- Worst Picture – Fantastic Four/Fifty Shades of Grey (tied)
- Worst Actor – Jamie Dornan in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Worst Actress – Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Worst Supporting Actor – Eddie Redmayne in Jupiter Ascending
- Worst Supporting Actress – Kaley Cuoco in Alvin & The Chipmunks: Road Chip and The Wedding Ringer
- Worst Director – Josh Trank for Fantastic Four
- Worst Screen Combo – Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson for Fifty Shades of Grey
- Worst Screenplay – Fifty Shades of Grey
- Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel 2015 – Fantastic Four
- Redeemer Award 2015 – Sylvester Stallone
Having finally seen Fantastic Four… it should have won every category. It is hands down one of the worst films I have seen in years. And as for Jupiter Ascending, you almost felt like it was a movie made on a dare to see if they could get away with making it.
Tonight the Oscars will be announced, but I always find the Razzies more amusing.