MOTHER TERESA’S WORDS OF WISDOM I
Tomorrow, Sunday 4th of September 2016, Mother Teresa will be declared a saint of the Roman Catholic Church by Pope Francis. The Nobel Peace Prize-winning humanitarian became known for her work helping people living in poverty in Kolkata, India. Here are some powerful quotations about her faith and way of life:
- Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
- Like Jesus we belong to the world living not for ourselves but for others. The joy of the Lord is our strength.
- There are so many religions and each one has its different ways of following God. I follow Christ: Jesus is my God. Jesus is my Spouse. Jesus is my Life. Jesus is my only Love. Jesus is my All in All. Jesus is my Everything.
- Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.“
- Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
- Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
- Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.
- Each one of them is Jesus in disguise.
- Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that children have very little time for their parents. Parents have very little time for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of peace of the world.
According to www.motherteresa.org some of the quotes are significantly paraphrased versions or personal interpretations of statements Mother Teresa made.
Photo: Raghu Rai 1979. One of the members of Mother Teresa’s order with a little child.