'Weather bomb' heading for New Brunswick may bring 40 cm of snow, 90 km/h gusts of wind
Resigned seems to be the most fitting word for the way I feel right now. We are in for it. We'll probably lose power and/or Internet, but I am mentally prepared for that. Resigned. We are in for it for the next 16 to 20 weeks of winter weather but starting with a 'weather bomb' feels harsh.
Today has been much like yesterday except that I spent much more time on Skype due to three calls instead of just one. Two visits with my daughter and grandsons, one long one with my brother in between. After the last visit, the best of the three, I reheated some of the soup, warmed some buttered multigrain bread in a skillet, and served our dinner.
Feeling listless and resigned. Toad is in bed. He's been a grump all day, unhappy at having to bring in extra firewood before the snowstorm hits in the morning. Sigh.
- Cooked the vegetable scraps from yesterday's soup-making, along with some spaghetti, for the chickens to help them live through this cold snap.
- Practiced 3 French lessons via Duolingo and did well.
- Watched my grandsons make and eat cookies during a Skype visit.
- Cooked us each an egg over easy on toast for brunch and reheated carrot curry soup for dinner.
- Did not feel up to doing much and had to force myself to wash dishes even though not many to do after a big washing up yesterday.
- Fretted a lot more than I should have.
Photo/Capture of the day:
|Brothers having fun while their cookies bake|