I want to start blogging again. I've missed it--the writing, the photos, and the documentation of what I was doing and thinking about when I wrote posts. A lot has happened in my life during the last few years. As I think of particular events I will note them here, a record for myself and my family if they are interested in what I have to say. Maybe when I'm gone. The older I get the more I appreciate the efforts people make to record their doings and thoughts. I read quite a few blogs that I find very interesting and in which I feel connected to the blogger in some way. Feeling connected is something I miss since moving here eight and a half years ago.
Tomorrow is New Year's Eve day...again. The weather has been so bitterly cold that we have been homebodies for the most part, rarely leaving the house. Well, that goes for me anyway. Toad does go outside several times a day to feed the chickens, take our dog out to do its business and to fetch firewood. My asthma prevents me from being outside for any length of time in the cold and especially keeps me from exerting myself in the cold. It's a weird type of asthma that is cold-induced and exercise-induced. I use two types of inhalers but get little relief from them. I've had asthma since I had lung surgery many years ago to treat my recurrent spontaneous pneumothorax. Prior to that I had experienced four lung collapses, with the time between them shorter and shorter. Without the surgery my left lung would have been collapsed all of the time. Not good. I still have breathing problems, mainly shortness of breath, all of the time but definitely worse in cold weather or if I exert myself much. No running--can't breathe. Walking is fine if it isn't too cold outside or too humid. It limits a person, believe me.
I am hoping to find a format for recording the highlights and other memorable events in my daily life in a quick and dirty way so as to make doing it fairly easy and not a chore. Here goes:
- Cleaned all three birdcages and gave the birds fresh water and seeds, with plenty of peanuts for the two remaining doves. Both male, cannot get along, housed separately.
- Watered all the houseplants
- Made us some tasty fruit salad with yogurt and chopped dates for breakfast.
- Made us each a personal pizza using naan, marinara sauce, fresh sliced tomatoes and shredded Tex-Mex cheese for late lunch. I make these frequently because they are easy to put together and taste so fine.
- Dug out my electric blanket to wrap up in while sitting here on the sofa, looking at the blazing woodstove that cannot, for the first time since we moved here, warm the house very well. The cats and dog are very pleased with this source of warmth, too.
- Practiced my French lessons on Duolingo. Yesterday I completed my French Tree!
- Visited with my daughter and grandsons via Skype
- Decided to resume blogging and wrote this post
Photo/Capture of the Day: