Life is full. I rarely feel a lot of prose building in me lately. Maybe it’s a kind of writer’s block. Maybe it’s just exhaustion. Many days are about putting one foot in front of the other, addressing the next most pressing thing, staying on top of all the most important ones as best I can.
I’m feeling listy.
- I freaking love murder mystery shows. Lately, Shetland.
- We had an awesome, enormous meal out last night in celebration of my Dad’s and Asher’s birthdays.
- I am so glad that my uncle is healing from his several heart surgeries last November and December. He’s got a pile of unpleasantness still to go through, but he’s happy and alive and happy to be alive!
- Lucas has started his driver’s ed online course! Together Ian and I drive 2 hours a day to get him to and from his high school. Although I don’t want to rush him into driving if he’s not ready, I really want him to be driving fairly soon.
- Work has been ridiculously busy lately. I can’t say much about it. It’s tough to be meticulous, thorough, and fast. I get a long weekend soon and I’m really looking forward to it.
- Even though I read all day for a living, I have been reading for pleasure as much as possible, for escape and fun. I read to wake up–if I am lucky and I get my way. I also read to wind down after work and especially before bed. I usually have many books going at once. Lately, I have adopted audiobooks for when I am commuting or if my eyes are too tired (my eyes do get tired of reading on screens). I have the Libby app for audiobooks; it’s great. It makes audiobooks free! I have Kindle books on my phone, for in-between moments (waiting in line, lunches alone. etc.). I love paper books the best, hardcover or paperback; I must have a physical book in case my phone battery dies! I have a book at Asher’s bedside for our bedtime reading, and two or three on my nightstand. (My favorite novels lately are The Girl on the Train, The Immortalists, Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows, and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.)