Detroit was ranked dead last in a survey of the largest 100 cities in the U.S. for driving. WalletHub conducted the survey using many variables such as: safety, road condition, car theft, costs of ownership, access to maintenance, and parking rates.
A stolen Tahoe SUV fleeing a gas station slammed into another SUV full of children on East McNichols. A 13-year-old girl was killed, a 15-year-old girl has broken bones, and a 16-year-old has a fractured spine and dislocated hip. The car thief fled the scene and the victims’ mother, Ansariah Musafir, is asking for him to turn himself in.
What were you doing on Christmas Eve 2018?
Samaria Dorsey and Devaun Barr were charged with robbery and felony murder for robbing and killing a man on Detroit’s west side on Christmas Eve – welcome to Detroit!
Michael Evans is a businessman who happened to be in the Wayne County Treasurer’s Office when he heard a woman crying. She was in a wheelchair and just learned that her has had been foreclosed for $5,000 in past-due property taxes. Evans says, “I couldn’t let that happen, so I paid it off for her.”
And finally, in “It is a Darwin move to be anywhere near Detroit” news,
- A 40-year-old Detroiter was fatally shot on Robinwood at 8:30pm. Detroit Police have no suspects and have not released any additional information yet.
- Detroit Police arrested a 17-year-old for critically stabbing a 25-year-old at 4am on Birwood. Police do not know the motive for the stabbing.
- A boater discovered a body floating in the Detroit River and called the Grosse Ile Police. The medical examiner is investigating.
- Two armed bank robbers in Chesterfield Township were arrested a week after the robbery by Chesterfield Police; naturally, the two suspects are from Detroit.
- A Detroit man near 7 Mile Rd and Lahser was barbecuing in front of his home with his German shepherd when a Pit Bull ran up, attacking the dog. A teenager who owned the Pit Bull soon followed. At some point, the homeowner shot the teen who is recovering at the hospital.
- Detroit’s most recent serial killer and sexual predator, Deangelo Martin, is believed to have killed at least 5 women. He has not been charged with those yet, but he is currently charged with 4 counts of criminal sexual conduct and assault with intent to murder a woman who survived. The Medical Examiner says after raping the women, he smashes their head and then dumps their bodies in abandoned homes across Detroit.
- Detroit Police are investigating two drive-by shootings with non-life threatening wounds. Both occurred in neighborhoods around 7pm.
- A Detroit CVS drugstore on Gratiot was robbed by a man wearing a hoodie that was on his cellphone the entire time. He left the store with an undisclosed amount of cash.
The post Detroit Realities #822 appeared first on Detroit Desurgence.