Detroit Mayor Duggan is facing recall petitions for giving preferential treatment to the non-profit of his mistress, Dr. Sonia Hassan.
The Michigan Attorney General is cracking down on puppy mills. These are unregulated breeders selling sick dogs, inhuman conditions, bait & switch, and more problems to unsuspecting buyers.
In other Michigan news, a wind energy company cancelled their development of 50 turbines to be installed in the Upper Peninsula because it wasn’t financially feasible.
An angry Gas Station customer causing trouble with other customers was asked to leave. He returned 2 hours later and got into a physical fight with the clerk when the clerk was caught outside of the bullet-proof protective cage. The assailant then pulled a gun but did not shoot. This was just after a River Rouge gas station clerk was stabbed with a knife over a candy bar.
The feds aren’t done with their UAW corruption investigation. Now they are looking at UAW promotional trinkets for union rallies, conventions, and factories. The feds are also investigating $1 million in union dues spent in Palm Springs on liquor, food, and golf at an annual conference for executives.
And finally, in “It is a Darwin move to be anywhere near Detroit” news,
- Detroit Police are searching for the driver of a motorcycle. The motorcycle and passenger were speeding and slammed into the minivan, killing the motorcycle passenger. The motorcycle driver then fled on foot.
- Detroit Police are searching for a killer who shot a man at 1pm during a dispute on East Street a couple days ago. The victim was a 23-year-old Detroiter.
- Detroit Police are searching for a gas station shooter. At noon on Gratiot, a suspect pulled two guns and started shooting at the suspect, who is listed in temporary-serious condition.
- Detroit Police are searching for another killer who shot a man in his 20s outside of a store on 7 Mile Rd by Gratiot. There was a dispute inside the store and once outside, the victim was shot and died at the hospital.
- Because of a fatal stabbing in Greektown, Detroit Police are increasing patrols in the area.
- Just northeast of Warren in Clinton, a 48-year-old man strangled his 27-year-old landlord, where she faked being unconscious. He then tied her up and stole her $17,000 wedding ring before fleeing. He was arrested by Amtrak Police trying to get to Florida.
- Detroit Police are investigating the death of a 47-year-old woman shot by a 37-year-old woman. The younger woman said she shot in self-defense because the elder woman was trying to run her over in a car.
- A second suspect has been arrested in the pre-meditated murder of a 64-year-old Detroiter, Willie Ray Pittman, Jr. The killer was denied bond and an accomplice, Gwendolyn Christian was given bond of $100,000.
The post Detroit Realities #792 appeared first on Detroit Desurgence.