An employee at WSU in Detroit has Legionnaire’s Disease. You know, that illness only in 3rd-world countries when there is no sanitary water.
You know when you’re watching your car be firebombed on your home surveillance video? Then you know what Ladonna Young felt like when she saw how her car caught on fire. The surveillance camera at the apartment building that would have caught the license plate of the firebomber – doesn’t work. Ladonna’s fiancé passed away some weeks ago and she’s behind on her car insurance – so she has no way to get to work or take her kids to school.
Detroit’s failed bid to get Amazon’s headquarters last year also came with $4 billion in tax incentives from the State of Michigan. Anybody remember authorizing $4 billion of your taxpayer money to hand to a billionaire (Jeff Bezos) so that he and another billionaire (Dan Gilbert) could get richer??
Oh Kwame. Kwame Kilpatrick’s two sons are growing up without a father since he’s doing 28-years for corruption. One of Kwame’s sons wrote a rap song “Too much time,” which is all about Black victimhood and injustice. Predictably, the lyrics include, “There was no crime, “They put away Black leaders and spread lies,” and “Brothers and Sisters caught up in modern-day slavery.” Let’s see: Kwame got off easy, Kwame’s father was a political crook for decades, Kwame’s mother was a political crook – and somehow they are the victims? Give me a break! Too bad Kwame’s kids have been brainwashed – sad.
And finally, in “It is a Darwin move to be anywhere near Detroit” news,
- A woman was carjacked by three men in Detroit at a stoplight. They took her Dodge Durango at Wyoming and Schoolcraft.
- A Detroit garbage truck struck and killed a pedestrian on the city’s east side on Cadillac.
- A bus driver in Detroit called police after spotting a man’s body lying in the street on Clairmount.
- Detroit Police are searching for an armed robber, 20-year-old Alexander Mims, that ambushed and shot a man 4 times on 6 Mile and Sunset. The victim survived his wounds and drove to a gas station for help. No one in the neighborhood will talk to police.
- U.S. Marshalls are searching for 34-year-old Brent Jeffrey, an admitted sex predator from Macomb County and authorities believe his family is helping him hide. He plied a 13-year-old family friend with alcohol and then raped her.
- A black SUV ran a stop sign at 8 Mile and Wyoming, killing a pedestrian. Detroit Police have no leads.
- Shots rang out in Detroit on Seneca at midnight. When neighbors looked outside, they found a 38-year-old woman with gunshot wounds that passed away at the hospital. Police are searching for the suspect and have his name.
The post Detroit Realities #698 appeared first on Detroit Desurgence.