Detroit’s Most Wanted is Timothy Colmenero, a convicted sex offender that cut his tether and fled. His family said he wants money and a gun to flee to Mexico. His motorcycle was found abandoned in Detroit. US Marshalls are looking in Macomb and Detroit for him.
At least 8 people, who were found to be wrongfully convicted, are being denied fair compensation from the State of Michigan by State Attorney General, Bill Schuette. His office is finding technicalities to deny claims to people who are owed compensation by the Wrongful Incarceration Compensation Act. So the victims are being unjustly victimized by the state for a second time.
And finally, in “It is a Darwin move to be anywhere near Detroit” news,
- Just north of Detroit, a mother was arrested for leaving her 2-year-old in the car for an hour while she shopped at a Sam’s Club.
- Police are looking for a Lincoln Park woman, Rita Cerilli-Boluch, who stole over $140,000 from an elderly woman.
- 61-year-old Detroiter Michael Williams is being charged with accidentally shooting and killing his neighbor. He claims she was being attacked by a dog but she had no dog wounds.
- A Detroit marijuana dispensary was busted for holding a flea-market event of cannabis-laced foods. Police seized 3,500 pounds of goods and a few hundred thousand in cash.
- Residents of Detroit Village Square apartments are being plagued with break-in attempts. It doesn’t help that they can watch drug deals all-day in the alley next to the building.
- An off-duty Detroit Police Officer was ambushed and beaten while walking down the sidewalk in Detroit. He is listed in stable condition.
- A different off-duty Detroit Police Officer was in a bar fight where the other man may be brain dead and is currently on a ventilator.
- A 34-year-old Detroit woman was shot in the chest and drove herself to the hospital. She is in critical condition and the perpetrator is unknown.
The post Detroit Realities #659 appeared first on Detroit Desurgence.