A Detroit police officer, Glenn Doss, died this week from a gunshot in the line of duty. The Police Officers Union says it is an outrage that the city does not pay for the funeral of fallen officers. There are federal and state funds available for the families, but they can take months to receive. First Responders in Detroit can receive $55,000 in death benefits, but again, that takes months to process.
And finally, in “It is a Darwin move to be anywhere near Detroit” news,
- Detroit Firefighters were called to put out a burning car, and discovered the body of a white male in the trunk of the car.
- A Detroiter’s Chrysler 300 was carjacked while he was at a stoplight by W. Chicago. Hello! This is exactly why Detroiters don’t stop at red lights or stopsigns – it is far too dangerous!
- Just south of Detroit in Southgate, a man walked into a tanning salon with a ski mask and gun, robbing the cashier of $100.
- Wayne Police are searching for a rapist that assaulted a 40-year-old woman after he broke into her home by Michigan Avenue.
- Jails in Detroit, Wayne, and Macomb are spreading Hepatitis-A so inmates can opt for a free vaccine in an attempt to battle back against the outbreak.
- A drunk in a pickup truck smashed a Warren bus stop shelter, injuring several people, was just sentenced to 1 year in jail.
The post Detroit Realities #628 appeared first on Detroit Desurgence.