At 2pm in the afternoon, a 37-year-old man was in his car at a stoplight in Detroit. Two men approached him and demanded his money at gunpoint. The victim complied but as they fled, they took several shots at the car and hit the victim in both hands. Police have no suspects. Unless you’re armed in Detroit – you’ll be a victim!
Since a lot of people are arrested around Detroit, it is no surprise that innocent people get arrested by mistakes. The latest is an innocent 23-year-old was arrested when they thought he was a killer that Westland police were looking to arrest. He had the same name as the killer, thankfully the police quickly realized their error and apologized.
A single mother in Warren, working at a restaurant, watched her phone app surveillance video as a thief stole her daughter’s Xmas gifts and television. Someone recognized him from her surveillance footage and the thief was arrested at a crack house in Detroit. Warren police officers chipped-in to replace the Christmas gifts for her daughter.
Christmas is a time for appreciation. Wait, what? At a Detroit children’s toy giveaway, a 39-year-old woman pulled a knife in a growing brawl over toys. Detroit police had to send a ‘strike force squad’ to control the crowd of several hundred people.
And finally, in “It is a Darwin move to be anywhere near Detroit” news,
- A shouting match at a Detroit market escalated into a deadly shooting, police are searching for the suspect.
- Two Detroit police officers accused of assault and misconduct were released without any bail or tether. A Michigan State Trooper just arraigned for a Detroit manslaughter was given a $1 million bond.
- US Marshalls are hoping the public can help them arrest Ryan Ector for shooting up a Detroit home, nearly hitting the head of a woman he thought was preventing him from a relationship with a different woman.
- A man attempted to rob a Detroit McDonald’s with a knife but the manager wouldn’t hand over any money, so he fled.
- A Detroit pedestrian is in critical condition after a hit & run by a convertible Mustang.
The post Detroit Realities #605 appeared first on Detroit Desurgence.