A college freshman at Western Michigan University was killed by a stray bullet while he was home for the holidays in Detroit. 18-year-old Damond Carpenter was studying mechanical engineering and was on their cheer-leading team. In high school, Carpenter was involved in robotics and played on the football team. He was doing some Christmas shopping last week at 6pm when there was a drive-by shooting at some people (two were injured), Carpenter was caught in the crossfire and pronounced dead at the scene. Someone on Facebook commented, “Yet another tragedy in Comeback City where dogs eat children and billionaires are handed more millions by the bankrupt city.”
Thankfully, the organs found at the Detroit Water Treatment Plant are from deer processing, not human remains, as originally suspected.
A Detroit deputy police officer, Celia Washington, took a plea deal to avoid being indicted on corruption charges. Well, she was just indicted because she subsequently lied to FBI investigators. She may be sentenced to 5 years – another good buddy of Kwame Kilpatrick that will be joining him in prison.
Detroit police are examining surveillance footage to find the man that dumped a frozen dog behind a liquor store.
And finally, in “It is a Darwin move to be anywhere near Detroit” news,
- A woman visited a friend’s home in Detroit. The door was open and he was found shot dead, along with his dog.
- A 31-year-old woman was shot in the back as she ran from a robbery on Detroit’s west side.
- A 22-year-old Detroit woman was charged with robbing a Family Dollar at knife point.
- Two men from Indiana were charged for a drug-deal murder in Detroit.
- A man’s body was found shot dead inside a Detroit marijuana dispensary. It is not yet known if it were operating legally.
The post Detroit Realities #607 appeared first on Detroit Desurgence.