21-year old Destinee McEwen is a Detroiter with a terminal illness. She has a rare heart cancer and doctors don’t expect her to live past 6 months. She says, “Even if you don’t have a lot of time, live the best life while you have life.” She is writing a book about having a positive outlook and hopes others can benefit and be inspired from her story.
And finally, in “It is a Darwin move to be anywhere near Detroit” news,
- * Detroit police are searching for an armed robber that his two retail stores on the city’s east side.
- * A 23-year-old Detroiter was shot 3 times while sitting in a car while his 4-year old was in the back seat. The victim was able to drive away and get to a nearby hospital, his current condition is unknown.
- * Just north of Detroit off 9-Mile Road, a woman let her car warm up in her driveway and it was stolen. She only had the car for a year, but she did not have theft insurance. It is the only transportation she has to get her son to Leukemia treatments.
- * Detroit police are searching for a shooter, two men had an argument that ended with a 56-year-old being shot in the shoulder.
- * Detroit police are searching for a 27-year-old shooter, Micos Davon, for a non-fatal shooting on 7 Mile Road.
- * Detroit police are searching for a shooter who shot a man twice at the Opyum Lounge on 8 Mile Rd. The victim is in stable condition.
The post Detroit Realities #609 appeared first on Detroit Desurgence.