I grew up in New England but we didn’t eat fish. We did eat shellfish though. My dad loved a good lobster stuffed with lobster. My favorite shellfish growing up were steamers (steamed clams) while my sister preferred fried clams, and my mom liked scallops. We also liked Shrimp. Usually in a shrimp cocktail and occasionally a shrimp boil. Growing up shrimp were always served already peeled, even the tails. When we moved to Florida we discovered that no one serves fully peeled shrimp! At least the tails were always left on and often it was served peel-and-eat style. My dad always complained about that, he was paying good money for shrimp why should he have to work for it? LOL!
My husband and I like shrimp, but my husband only likes them cooked, not boiled and served cold in shrimp cocktail. For Father’s Day I got him a Grill Basket to make it easier for him to grill his shrimp. He loves how easy it makes grilling the shrimp. He used to either skewer them, which is extra work, or cook them on aluminium foil, which would often rip. No he just puts them in the grill basket and stirs them around occasionally!
Grilled Shrimp with Yellow Rice Recipe
- 2 lbs shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 pkg Vigo yellow rice
- olive oil
- In a medium bowl mix together the olive oil, seasoning, brown sugar, lemon juice, paprika, garlic and pepper.
- Place the shrimp in a large zippy bag.
- Pour the marinade into the bag.
- Remove the extra air from the bag before zipping.
- Massage the bag, making sure all the shrimp are covered in marinade.
- Lay flat and refrigerate 2-24 hours.
- minutes before you want to eat start the rice, following the easy directions on the package.
- minutes after the rice has started, place the shrimp in the grill basket.
- Discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill for 5-8 minutes over medium-high flame, until cooked through.
- Serve the shrimp over the rice with a nice green salad.
We love our VIGO Authentic Saffron Yellow Rice it is the only rice we make! If you haven’t tried it, I highly recommend it. I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!
The post Grilled Shrimp with Yellow Rice appeared first on The Mom Maven.
This post first appeared on The Mom Maven - Helping You Bloom Where You Are Pl, please read the originial post: here