When you find yourself with leftover, semi-rotten bananas what do you do? Well, I don’t know what you do but I bake. A few weeks ago we had a lot of leftover bananas after our first week of Friendraisers. I brought them home and baked two different kinds of muffins to bring back to work for week 2. It’s strawberry season here in Florida so I figured some Strawberry Banana Muffins would be delicious, and I was right. During week 2 we work 6am-8:30pm with 3 20-30 meal breaks. We are able to get up and grab a snack when the phones aren’t busy so mini-muffins are a perfect quick treat. I pulled together my ingredients and my Wilton 24 cup mini muffin pan and got to work.
- 2 medium over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⅔ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sugar, eggs, bananas, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Fill the muffin cups ¾ of the way full with batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, them remove from pan onto wire rack to complete cooling.
- Store in an airtight container.
These muffins were a huge hit here at home and at Phone Central. I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. Please share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!
The post Strawberry Banana Muffins Recipe appeared first on The Mom Maven.
This post first appeared on The Mom Maven - Helping You Bloom Where You Are Pl, please read the originial post: here