Truffles are an easy way to make some homemade candy. This Caramel Truffles recipe is so easy your kids could even make it. I wanted something new and different for the LuLaRoe Pop-Up Boutique I hosted recently. With it being October I wanted to focus on some fall flavors. I made my Crockpot Apple Cobbler along with the truffles and of course, there was a bowl of candy corn too. Guests at this type of party don’t eat much so the very limited menu was perfect.
I did have about a dozen caramel truffles left over after the party. Our friends across the street were hosting a teen party that night and I saw one of the teens from church hanging out in the yard. I brought him the rest of the truffles (so I wouldn’t eat them all). He shared them with the other kids and on Sunday he told me they were a huge hit.
- 26 Kraft Caramels, unwrapped
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk or dark)
- 1 TBS Crisco Shortening
- 1⅓ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8" square pan with plastic wrap and set aside.
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine the caramels, whipping cream and the 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 15 seconds. Stir. Repeat 15 second increments until everything is melted and well combined.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Use the plastic wrap to lift the chocolate caramel out of the pan.
- Cut into 40 pieces (8x5)
- Roll each piece into a ball and place back into 8x8" pan.
- Once all the ball are rolled, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In the same microwaveable bowl, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips and Crisco shortening in 15 second intervals until smooth.
- Stir well.
- Dip the caramels in the chocolate, allow excess to drip off.
- Place on a wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Let stand until set
- Refrigerate until firm.
I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. Please share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!
The post Easy Caramel Truffles appeared first on The Mom Maven.
This post first appeared on The Mom Maven - Helping You Bloom Where You Are Pl, please read the originial post: here