I made this Pasta for thanksgiving feast at school today. It came out pretty good and it was pretty easy to make. I used the rotini pasta from Safeway. I used the whole box as it was for more than 30 kids and many parents brought something to eat so I felt one box will be enough. Here goes the recipe I followed to make this pasta.
- Rotini Pasta - 1 box
- Frozen chopped broccoli - 3/4 cup
- Frozen Peas & Carrots - 1/2 cup
- Pasta Sauce - 1/2 cup (acc to taste)
- Cheese - 3/4 cup (4 cheese Mexican blend (cheese shredding))
- Mozzarella cheese - 1/4 cup ( I used amul cheese)
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Kasoori Methi - 1 teaspoon.
- cook Pasta according to the box instructions. Drain it when its fully cooked
- Mean time, microwave the frozen vegetables up to 5 minutes or until nicely cooked.
- Take the cooked/drained pasta in a oven safe dish ( I used Pyrex).
- Mix pasta sauce (I used Safeway Select Tomato Garlic Flavor) to the cooked pasta.
- Add the cooked vegetables to it and mix everything well.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of it
- Broil it for 5 to 7 minutes until cheese is fully melt.
I dry roasted a teaspoon of Kasoori Methi and sprinkled on top of this pasta at the final stage. This is absolutely optional.