I baked these cookies last week when my kids had Thanksgiving break. It came out really really good. I never thought I could really bake a buttery textured Jam Filled cookies. I was browsing the allrecipes.com website and came across this one. I changed the measurements to adjust the required quantity. Here goes the recipe.
- All Purpose Flour/Maida - 2 cups + 1 tbsp
- Butter - Little more than 3/4 cup
- Brown Sugar - 1/3 cup
- White Sugar / Xyla - 1/3 cup
- Egg Whites - 3 tbsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Pineapple Chunky Jam - 3 + tbsp
- Pre Heat Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter + Xyla(white sugar) + Brown sugar until smooth
- Beat in the egg and vanilla
- Mix the baking powder to maida well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and combine.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and make a small thumb print in the middle and fill it with the jam. I used 1/2 tsp measuring spoon do this process.
- Bake it for 15 to 17 minutes until its fully cooked.
- Let it cool really well. Store it in air-tight container